MARATHON TOP TEN
In recognition of the Akron Marathon’s 10th anniversary, each day of coverage will include a Top 10 list. Today, we asked race officials to give us 10 reasons why runners choose the Akron event:
1. World-class treatment, from personalized bibs to a handshake from the race director at the finish line.
2. Great swag featuring Brooks licensed apparel.
3. Some 120,000 spectators along the blue-lined course and finish line.
4. Largest marathon relay in the United States.
5. Olympic-style finish across center field of Canal Park stadium.
6. Spectator-friendly course.
7. Plenty of portable restrooms, designated by gender and with female products.
8. All aid stations staffed with a doctor, an RN and an EMT.
9. Free shuttle to and from hotels, as well as the Relay Exchange Zones.
10. On-field celebration at the finish line with entertainment, food and the Michelob Ultra beer garden.