MARATHON TOP TEN
In recognition of the Akron Marathon’s 10th running, each day of coverage will include a Top 10 list. Today, we list 10 duties volunteers handle on race day:
1. Direct runners at course turns.
2. Pass out fluids at water stations.
3. Manage relay exchange zones.
4. Provide medical support at aid stations.
5. Provide post-race massages.
6. Stuff 15,000 food bags.
7. Stuff 15,000 runner goodie bags.
8. Pass out runner race packets and T-shirts at the fitness expo.
9. Distribute neighborhood notification to 3,000 Akron residents.
10. Provide entertainment along the course.