- Akron Marathon details for runners, spectators, motorists
- Akron Marathon runner who collapsed last year returns to race; relay teammates include two nurses who saved his life
- Akron Marathon weaves through Middle East desert this year
- Who’s running the Akron Marathon shadow race in Kuwait
- Marathon 101 trains new runners for Akron Marathon
- Serious, humorous (and some obvious) stories explain Akron Marathon relay team names
- Youngest, oldest, Olympic hopefuls, former champs highlight Saturday’s Akron Marathon field
The Akron Marathon’s annual Health and Fitness Expo opens at 11 a.m. today and runs until 9 p.m. at the John S. Knight Center, 77 E. Mill St.
The free event features speakers and exhibitor booths open to the public, in addition to being a place for runners to pick up their goody bags and bibs and to make registration changes.
Among the expo’s featured events:
■ 4 p.m. — Q&A with race organizers.
■ 5 p.m. — Pinning ceremony for 5-year and 10-year Club Members.
■ 5 to 9 p.m. — Pasta party.
■ 5:30 p.m. — Speaker Creigh Kelley, Akron Marathon’s 2013 Ambassador Award recipient.
■ 6 p.m. — Speaker Brian Polen, Akron Marathon race director.
■ 7 p.m. — Akron-Summit County Public Library Mind Body & Sole Awards presentation.