The Sisters of Charity Foundation of Canton recently awarded $628,700 in grants for the first and second quarters of 2013.
Grants went to:
• Akron Canton Regional Foodbank: $50,000 to support the purchase of a cooler.
• Boys & Girls Club of Massillon: $50,000 matching grant over three years to support the KidStop summer program.
• Fund for Our Economic Future: $50,000 over three years for economic development in Northeast Ohio.
• Mercy Medical Center: Up to $250,000 matching grant over two years to support the Emergency and Trauma Services expansion and renovation project.
• Meta Morphosis 1: $7,000 to support the rehabilitation and re-entry program serving men ages 18 to 21.
• North Canton Playhouse, Spotlight on Youth: $7,200 over two years to support in-school performances on bullying prevention.
• Ohio Business Roundtable: $50,000 to support the Early Learning Initiative.
• Stark County Educational Service Center: $42,500 over two years to support a part-time Olweus Bullying Prevention coordinator.
• Stark County Park District: $57,000 over two years to support the increase and expansion of community gardens in Stark County and establish associated programs to teach good nutrition.
• Stark County Regional Planning Commission: $45,000 over three years to support the Homeless Continuum of Care of Stark County.
• Your Human Resource Center: $20,000 over two years to support the Breaking the Barriers employment program.
The Sisters of Charity Foundation is committed to addressing the needs of the poor and underserved in the community.
For more information and grant applications, go to www.scfcanton.org.