People fighting thoughts of suicide can find help through a number of local agencies:
• Akron Children’s Hospital Psychiatric Intake Resource Center (PIRC): 330-543-7472. Child and youth 24-hour crisis line: 330-762-0591.
• SUPPORT hot line (24 hours): 330-434-9144.
• Lifeline hot line: 800-273-TALK (8255).
• Survivors of Suicide Support Group: 330-762-3500.
• Suicide Prevention Coalition: 330-762-3500 or email@example.com.
• Local hospital emergency rooms.
National Web sites:
• American Association of Suicidology, www.suicidology.org.
• American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, www.afsp.org.
• Suicide Prevention Advocacy Network, www.spanusa.org.
• Suicide Prevention Resource Center, www.sprc.org.
• Yellow Ribbon, www.yellowribbon.org.
Source: Summit County Suicide Prevention Coalition.