Tips for presidential event
So, you scored a ticket to see the president.
Here are some tips from campaign officials and city leaders on the do’s and don’ts for attending the event, scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. at the John S. Knight Center, 77 E. Mill St. in downtown Akron.
• ARRIVAL: Go early. The campaign is suggesting people aim for 1:30 p.m., if not sooner.
• TICKETS: Are required. The campaign distributed the tickets Tuesday.
• PARKING: Will be available in several downtown parking lots and garages near the Knight Center. People will have to pay the normal rates to park.
• BUSES: Public transportation is encouraged. Riders can call METRO’s customer service line at 330-762-0341 with questions.
• SECURITY: Those who attend will go through airport-like security checks before entering. Bags won’t be permitted, nor will liquids, umbrellas, signs or sharp objects. Water will be provided at the event. Cell phones and cameras will be allowed.
• UPDATES: The Beacon Journal will provide updates and information throughout the day about the event on ohio.com. Reporter Stephanie Warsmith will tweet live from the event (@swarsmith).