All CATEGORIES
☰ Menu

Student fell to death after eating pot cookie

Associated Press

DENVER: A coroner says an exchange student from Wyoming fell to his death in Denver after eating a marijuana cookie.

An autopsy report released Wednesday says marijuana intoxication was a contributing factor in the death of 19-year-old Levi Thamba Pongi on March 11 in a fall from a motel balcony.

Authorities say Pongi got the cookie from a friend. Police ruled the death an accident but haven’t released the findings of their investigation.

Colorado law bans the sale of recreational marijuana products to people under 21. Authorities say one of Pongi’s friends was old enough to buy the cookie.

Officials at Northwest College in Powell, Wyo., say Pongi, a native of the Republic of Congo, started taking classes as an exchange student in January.



MORE IN NEWS

 
  • Main Blog Promo
  • Cavs Blog Promo
  • Browns Blog Promo
  • Indians Blog Promo
  • Beer Blog Promo
  • Fracking Blog Promo
  • High School Blog Promo
  • Zips Blog Promo
  • Akron Dish Food Blog
Prev Next