Here are details for Akron’s 16 scheduled events Tuesday that are associated with National Night Out:
• Arlington Plaza area: Gateway Plaza parking lot, 1035 Rosemary Plaza, 5 to 7 p.m.
• Cascade Village: Cascade Village Community Center, 210 E. North St., 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• East Akron/Joy Park area: Zion Temple Baptist Church, 515 Ardella Ave., 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• East Market Street area: Family of Faith United Methodist Church, 800 E. Market St., 6 to 8 p.m.
• Firestone Park: Firestone Park Community Center, 1480 Girard St., 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Goodyear Heights: Goodyear Boulevard between Newton Street and Honodle Avenue (in front of the Linda Theater), 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Highland Square: West Market Street and Conger Avenue (next to FirstMerit Bank), 6 to 8:30 p.m.
• Kenmore area: Shadyside Park Memorial Gazebo at Kenmore Boulevard and Casey Street, 7 to 8 p.m.
• North Hill area: Across from Zion Apostolic Church at North Howard Street and West Tallmadge Avenue, 5 to 8 p.m.
• Northwest area: Woodland United Methodist Church, 444 N. Hawkins Ave., 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• South Akron/Brown Street area: Akron Bible Church, 783 Brown St., 6 to 8 p.m.
• South Akron/Cole Avenue area: Church of the MPGT, 200 Cole Ave., 4 to 8 p.m.
• Summit Lake area: OPEN M, 941 Princeton St., 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Vernon Odom/Edgewood Village area: 440 Vernon Odom Boulevard, 5 to 8 p.m.
• West Hill area: Alexander Park, 387 W. Market St., 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. (Rain site at 471 Crosby St.)
• West Akron/Copley Road area: Mountain of the Lord Fellowship, 1477 Copley Road, 6 to 8:30 p.m.
The Akron school district will have tables set up at the OPEN M event. One will be a mobile registration team, and the other will be part of the district’s community engagement project. School officials will provide an activity for children and will talk to parents, an extension of the parent sessions provided at OPEN M in July.
For more information about the city’s events, contact Billy Soule at 330-375-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.