Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
• Copley Road/state Route 162, between Mercer Street and the Medina County line: There will be daily lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• East Thornton Street, between South Broadway and Wolf Ledges Parkway: Closed over the railroad tracks for bridge rehabilitation until Aug. 1. Detours are posted.
• Lane restrictions caused by construction fencing: Until further notice, several streets will have lanes blocked by fencing. These include: East Exchange Street eastbound, right lane between Allyn and Sumner streets; West Exchange Street, left lane between Bowery Street and Wabash Avenue; South High Street, right lane between Cedar and Selle streets; Cedar Street, right lane between South Main and South High; Selle Street, north lane between South High and South Main; and Main Street, east lane between Selle and Cedar.
• Cedar Street and Broadway, at the intersection: The right lane of Cedar approaching Broadway and the right lane of Broadway from Selle to Exchange will be closed for construction until the end of September.
• Locust Street, between Cedar and Exchange streets: Closed for construction until the end of July. Detours are posted.
• South Main Street northbound, between Selle Street and Cedar Street: Closed through the end of August. Detours will be posted.
Other road construction:
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• State Route 303, between state Route 8 and the Portage County line in Hudson: There are lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Road, between Graham Road and Quick Road in Cuyahoga Falls: There will be lane restrictions for road widening until further notice.
• State Route 619 (Turkeyfoot Lake Road) just west of state Route 93 (Manchester Road) in New Franklin: Closed for road widening through early August. Detour is Manchester to State Road to Route 619.
• State Route 619 in Green: Route 619 between Mayfair Road and Kreighbaum Road will be closed through late August for bridge replacement. A detour will be posted. Also, Route 619 between Turkeyfoot Road and the Stark County line has lane restrictions for resurfacing.
• Manchester Road in Coventry Township: Robinson Avenue just west of Manchester Road will be closed through late July. Rood Drive will be closed at the intersection of Manchester for road repairs through early August. Manchester Road from just south of Proehl Avenue to just north of Cormany Road is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for road widening through late October.
• Highland Road in Macedonia: Closed at the railroad. This is part of a project to construct a bridge over the railroad between South Bedford Road and Valley View Road to be completed in August.
• Interstate 71 near the interchange with state Route 18: There will be intermittent single-lane closings or shoulder closings for noise-wall replacement. Two-to-three lanes of traffic will be maintained at all times. It is to be completed in August.
• I-76, between state Route 57 and state Route 21 in Summit County: Narrowed lanes of traffic for a rehabilitation project. It will be completed in September.
• I-76 westbound entrance ramp from state Route 261: Closed until about July 25 as part of I-76 project.
• State Route 3, at its intersection with Reagan Parkway in Medina: There are intermittent single-lane closings for an intersection improvement project. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times with flaggers. It is to be completed in August.
• State Route 3, just west of the railroad tracks in Seville: Closed for bridge replacement until early September. A detour will be posted.
• River Styx Road, between Trails End Drive and Country Club Drive in Montville Township: Closed through July 26 for bridge replacement.
• Boston Road, between Columbia Road and Marks Road in Liverpool Township: Closed through Aug. 15 for railroad crossing reconstruction. A detour is posted.
• U.S. 224, in Suffield, Randolph and Atwater townships: Between Hartville Road and state Route 44, U.S. 224 is reduced to one lane with a traffic signal through late October for bridge replacement.
• State Route 14 in Streetsboro: Route 14 between the I-480 exit ramp and the eastern portion of the Route 14/state Route 303 split will have nightly lane restrictions from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 5 in Ravenna Township: Route 5 at New Milford Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction, and New Milford Road at Route 5 will be closed through early October. Detours are posted.
• I-77 and U.S. 30 in Canton: From 7 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday, the ramps from U.S. 30 to I-77 in both directions will be closing for lighting repairs. The ramp from state Route 43 southbound to U.S. 30 westbound will also be closing, along with the ramp from I-77 North to U.S. 30 eastbound. Detours will be posted.
• I-77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: For motorists driving on I-77 North from the Tuscarawas County line to Fohl Road, there will be a two-way traffic pattern. One lane of northbound traffic will be crossed onto I-77 South, while the second lane will remain on I-77 North. I-77 in both directions between state Route 800 and Fohl Road has nightly lane restrictions in both directions for striping until further notice.
• U.S. 30 in Canton Township: Between state Route 43 and Trump Avenue, there are lane restrictions for bridge repairs until further notice.
• U.S. 30, between Clarendon Avenue and Dueber Avenue in Canton: There will be daily lane closings for road repair until further notice.
• U.S. 30, between Robertsville Avenue and Baywood Street in Paris Township: Closed until mid-September for slide repair. A detour is posted.
• State Route 172 in Massillon: Through Friday, Route 172 from just west of 17th Street Northeast to just east of 27th Street Northeast will have daily lane restrictions for resurfacing.
• State Route 172 in East Canton and Osnaburg and Paris townships: Until further notice, there will be lane restrictions for resurfacing maintained by flaggers between the East Canton limits and the Columbiana County line.
• State Route 172, between Riverside Drive Northeast and Warner Road Southeast in Canton: Closed through early November for bridge rehabilitation over a branch of the Nimishillen Creek. A detour is posted.
• State Route 172, between Woodlawn Avenue and Eden Avenue in Perry Township: There will be lane restrictions for drainage repairs and resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 183, between Ely Street and Prospect Street in Alliance: Closed through mid-August for road repairs. A detour is posted.
• U.S. 62 and state Route 183 in Alliance: Until further notice, there will be lane restrictions for resurfacing on U.S. 62 between Freshley Avenue and North Federal Avenue, and between McKinley Avenue and Route 183. Route 183 between College Street and Mill Street will also have restrictions.
• State Route 21, between U.S. 62 and Lawndell Road in Navarre: Closed over the Tuscarawas River through mid-October for bridge replacement. Detour is U.S. 62 to U.S. 250. Also, Route 21 between the Tuscarawas County line and U.S. 62 will have lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• State routes 44 and 171 in Sandy and Osnaburg townships and Waynesburg: Route 44 between state Route 43 and U.S. 30 has daily lane restrictions for resurfacing, as does Route 171 between state Route 183 and the Carroll County line.
• Columbus Avenue, at its bridge over U.S. 30 in Wooster: Reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for bridge repair until further notice.
• State Route 83/Dix Expressway, between U.S. 30 and Friendsville Road: Reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for road repair until further notice.
• U.S. 250, between Kidron Road and the Stark County line: Reduced to one lane for resurfacing until late August. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.