Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
• Interstate 77, between Archwood Avenue and East Waterloo Road: From 7 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday, I-77 southbound between the Central Interchange and Archwood Avenue will have lane restrictions. The ramps from I-76 eastbound to I-77 southbound and from I-76 westbound to I-77 southbound at the Central Interchange will be closed. Also, the exit ramp from I-77 southbound to Lovers Lane will be closed. Detours will be posted.
• I-77 northbound between I-76 (Kenmore leg) and Copley Road: There are nightly lane restrictions from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. for resurfacing until further notice.
• East Thornton Street, between South Broadway and Wolf Ledges Parkway: Closed over the railroad tracks for bridge rehabilitation until Aug. 1. Detours are posted.
• Memorial Parkway, west of Hickory Street: Reduced to one lane for each direction at the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway bridge for bridge replacement until Saturday.
• Lane restrictions caused by construction fencing: Until further notice, several streets will have lanes blocked by fencing. These include: East Exchange Street eastbound, right lane between Allyn and Sumner streets; West Exchange Street, left lane between Bowery Street and Wabash Avenue; South High Street, right lane between Cedar and Selle streets; Cedar Street, right lane between South Main and South High; Selle Street, north lane between South High and South Main; and Main Street, east lane between Selle and Cedar.
• Cedar Street and Broadway, at the intersection: The right lane of Cedar approaching Broadway and the right lane of Broadway from Selle to Exchange will be closed for construction.
• Wilbeth Road, between Dallas Avenue and Manchester Road: Full-depth reconstruction and paving, including removal of the concrete median, until the end of July. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
• North Street, between Valley Street and Goodwin Street: Closed until the end of June to repair flood damage to the road caused by a water main break.
Other road construction:
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• State Route 8 and state Route 303 in Hudson: Through mid-June, the Route 8 northbound ramp to Route 303 will be closed, and Route 303 under Route 8 will have lane restrictions for pavement repairs.
• State Road, between Graham Road and Quick Road in Cuyahoga Falls: There will be lane restrictions for road widening until further notice.
• State Route 619 (Turkeyfoot Lake Road) just east of state Route 93 (Manchester Road) in New Franklin: Closed through early July for road widening. Detour will be Route 93 to State Street to Route 619.
• Manchester Road in Coventry Township: Manchester Road from just south of Proehl Avenue to just north of Cormany Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for road widening through late October. Robinson Avenue just east of Manchester is closed through mid-June. A detour is posted.
• Highland Road in Macedonia: Closed just west of Roll and Hold Parkway. This is part of a project to construct a bridge over the railroad between South Bedford Road and Valley View Road to be completed in August.
• I-71, one mile south of state Route 18 near mile marker 216: There are intermittent single-lane and shoulder closings for slide repair. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained at all times in each direction. It is to be completed in July.
• I-71 near the interchanges with state Route 18: There will be intermittent single-lane closings or shoulder closings for noise-wall replacement. Two-to-three lanes of traffic will be maintained at all times. It is to be completed in August.
• I-76, between state Route 57 and state Route 21 in Summit County: Narrowed lanes of traffic for a rehabilitation project. It will be completed in September. Leatherman Road, at its bridge over I-76, is closed for repairs until the end of June.
• State Route 3, at its intersection with Reagan Parkway in Medina: There are intermittent single-lane closings for an intersection improvement project. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times with flaggers. It is to be completed in August.
• River Styx Road, between Trails End Drive and Country Club Drive in Montville Township: Closed through July 26 for bridge replacement.
• Branch Road, between Columbia Road and Lake Dawn Drive in York Township: Closing Monday and Tuesday for culvert replacement.
• U.S. 224, between Hartville Road and state Route 44 in Suffield, Randolph and Atwater townships: Reduced to one lane with a traffic signal through late October for bridge replacement.
• State Route 5 in Ravenna Township: Route 5 at New Milford Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction, and New Milford Road at Route 5 will be closed through early October. Detours will be posted.
• Interstate 77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: Dueber Avenue over Interstate 77 will be closed for bridge repairs through late June. Detour is Bolivar Road to Sherman Church Avenue to state Route 627. For motorists driving on I-77 northbound from the Tuscarawas County line to Fohl Road, there will be a two-way traffic pattern. One lane of northbound traffic will be crossed onto I-77 southbound, while the second lane will remain on I-77 northbound. However, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, I-77 northbound will be reduced to one lane. I-77 in both directions between state Route 800 and the Tuscarawas County line has daily lane restrictions in both directions for paving until further notice.
• U.S. 30, between state Route 43 and Trump Avenue in Canton Township: There will be lane restrictions for bridge repairs until further notice.
• State Route 172, between Riverside Drive Northeast and Warner Road Southeast in Canton: Closed through early September for bridge rehabilitation over a branch of the Nimishillen Creek. A detour is posted.
• State Route 172, between Woodlawn Avenue and Eden Avenue in Perry Township: There will be lane restrictions for drainage repairs and resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 183, between Ely Street and Prospect Street in Alliance: Closed through mid-August for road repairs. A detour is posted.
• U.S. 62 and state Route 183 in Alliance: Until further notice, there will be lane restrictions for resurfacing on U.S. 62 between Freshley Avenue and North Federal Avenue, and between McKinley Avenue and Route 183. Route 183 between College Street and Mill Street will also have restrictions.
• State Route 21, between U.S. 62 and Lawndell Road in Navarre: Closed over the Tuscarawas River through mid-October for bridge replacement. Detour is U.S. 62 to U.S. 250. Also, Route 21 between the Tuscarawas County line and U.S. 62 will have lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• Columbus Avenue northbound, at its bridge over U.S. 30 in Wooster: Closed for repairs until Friday. Both northbound lanes will be closed over the bridge but the southbound lanes will remain open. A detour is posted.
• U.S. 30, between state Columbus Avenue and Jefferson Road: Restricted to one lane of traffic as part of a smooth seal project until late June. One lane of traffic will be maintained at all times in each direction.
• U.S. 250, between Kidron Road and the Stark County line: Reduced to one lane for resurfacing until late August. One lane of traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers.
• State Route 604, between U.S. 42 in Ashland County and Camp Road: Closed for replacement of seven culverts. It is expected to reopen by July 3. A detour will be posted.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.