Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
Other road construction:
• East Avenue entrance ramp to Interstate 76 east/Interstate 77 south: Closed through late May for resurfacing. A detour will be posted.
• Interstate 277 eastbound, from the Kenmore leg to I-77: Closed until May 20 for resurfacing. The following ramp closings will occur during this time: I-76 (Kenmore leg) to I-277 east; I-277 west to I-76 east (Kenmore leg); entrance ramp from 22nd Street to I-76 west; I-77 south to I-76 west (Kenmore leg); entrance ramp from Grant Street to I-76 east/I-77 south; entrance ramp from state Route 619/Wooster Road to I-76/U.S. 224 east; entrance ramp from state Route 93/Manchester Road to I-277 east; and entrance ramp from South Main Street to I-277 east. Detours are posted.
• I-76/U.S. 224 lane restrictions: From Wooster Road to the Kenmore leg, the road will be reduced to one lane from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. until further notice for milling and resurfacing.
• Gorge Boulevard, under state Route 8: There will be lane restrictions for bridge repairs through mid-June.
• Massillon Road, between Harding Avenue and Spade Avenue: Full-depth road reconstruction will be underway through November. Traffic is restricted to one-way southbound on Massillon Road, between Esther Avenue and Triplett Boulevard.
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• I-77 in Fairlawn, Richfield and Bath Township: Ghent Road over I-77 is reduced to one lane in each direction through mid-September for bridge repairs. North Martadale Drive over I-77 is closed until mid-May. Shade Road over I-77 will be closed until the end of June for bridge repairs.
• Howe Avenue entrance ramp to state Route 8 in Cuyahoga Falls: Closed for 45 days for embankment repairs. A detour will be posted.
• Van Buren Road bridge over the Tuscarawas River on the New Franklin/Barberton border: Closed for six months about one-quarter mile south of Eastern Road for bridge replacement. Detours will be posted.
• Kent Road, between Hiwood Avenue and Charring Cross Drive in Stow: The two center lanes, one eastbound and one westbound, will be closed until mid-May.
• Interstate 271, between state routes 8 and 303 in Sagamore Hills Township: Starting Thursday, I-271 in both directions will have lane restrictions for bridge construction until further notice.
• I-271, from state Route 8 to the Cuyahoga County line in Macedonia: Reduced to one lane in each direction from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly for resurfacing until further notice.
• Highland Road in Macedonia: Closed just east of Roll and Hold Parkway through early May. This is part of a project to construct a bridge over the railroad between South Bedford Road and Valley View Road to be completed in August 2013.
• I-76, between state Route 57 and the Summit County line: Reduced to one lane of traffic from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly until further notice.
• State Route 57, west of Lester Road North and Station Road in York Township: Reduced to one lane of two-way traffic with a temporary signal for bridge repair at two locations starting Thursday through May 24.
• State Route 57, at its bridge over Interstate 71 just north of Poe Road in Montville Township: Closing for bridge repair until May 21. A detour will be posted.
• State Route 57, between Lester Road and Station Road in York Township: Closed through Friday for a culvert replacement. A detour will be posted.
• State Route 301, just north of Williams Road in Homer Township: Closed for a bridge replacement. It is expected to reopen May 18. A detour is posted.
• Westfield Road at the I-71 overpass, between Seville Road West and Seville Road East in Westfield Township: Closing until May 13 for bridge deck repairs.
• Congress Road, between Moss Road and Shaw Road in Chatham Township: Closed Thursday and Friday for culvert repair.
• Crain Avenue project in Kent: State Route 43 (North Mantua Street) will be restricted to one lane in each direction; left turns from Route 43 southbound to the east, across the Fairchild Avenue bridge, will be prohibited; and Cuyahoga Street and Stinaff Street will be closed at their intersection with Route 43, all until further notice.
• I-76 in Brimfield and Rootstown townships: Under Sherman Road, there will be nightly lane restrictions for bridge reconstruction. Sherman Road over I-76 is closed through late June.
• I-76, from state Route 14 to the Mahoning County line in Edinburg and Palmyra townships: County Line Road/Mahoning Road over I-76 will be closed through Saturday for bridge repairs. A detour will be posted. There will be daily lane restrictions for minor repairs to 14 bridges until further notice. A minimum of one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times.
• Interstate 480 eastbound, just east of the Summit County line in Streetsboro: There will be lane restrictions during nonpeak hours for slope repair until mid-July.
• State Route 303, between the Summit County line and state Route 14 in Streetsboro: Restricted to one lane of traffic for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 303 bridge, between Diagonal Road and Price Road in Shalersville Township: Closed until late July for bridge replacement. A detour will be posted.
• State routes 14 and 225 in Paris, Palmyra and Deerfield townships: Lane restrictions will occur on Route 225 from I-76 to state Route 5 for pavement repairs, while Route 14 over Berlin Lake has lane restrictions for bridge repairs, both until further notice. It is part of a resurfacing project on both roads.
• Interstate 77 northbound ramp to U.S. 30 eastbound in Canton: Closed through mid-May for bridge repairs. A detour will be posted.
• State Route 21, from state Route 241 to the northern Massillon limits: There will be lane restrictions for resurfacing until September.
• State Route 153 in Louisville: California Avenue southbound between Howard Street and Route 153 will be closed through mid-June. Route 153 from Fruitland Avenue to Constitution Avenue is reduced to one lane in each direction for road construction.
• State Route 172, between the western Massillon limits and the Wayne County line in Tuscarawas Township: There will be lane restrictions for catch basin repairs until late June.
• State Route 619, between state routes 44 and 183 in Marlboro and Lexington townships: Restricted to one lane maintained by flaggers for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 585, just south of Moine Road in Chippewa Township: Restricted to one lane of two-way traffic with a temporary signal for bridge repairs. It is to completed by May 18.
• State Route 302, just east of Ogden Road in Chester Township: Closed for a bridge replacement. It is expected to reopen on May 16. A detour will be posted.
• State Route 301, at two locations north of West Salem in Wayne and Medina counties: Closed for replacement of two bridges, one just south of Jeffrey Road and the other just north of Williams Road. A detour will be posted. It is expected to reopen on May 18.
• U.S. Route 250, between Fountain Nook Road and Mount Hope Road in East Union Township: Closed through Friday for two culvert replacements. A detour is posted.
Elsewhere in Northeast Ohio:
• I-77 bridge deck replacement in Brecksville, Broadview Heights and Independence: On Thursday, Harris Road over I-77 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for maintenance and bridge deck work. A detour will be posted. There will be lane closings on Interstate 77 in both directions at Harris Road for work on the overpass through late May. Major work has resumed on Chestnut and Harris roads over I-77. Harris Road over I-77 is maintained with two-way traffic and a temporary traffic signal. Valley Parkway over I-77 in Brecksville is maintained with one lane of two-way traffic with a temporary signal until further notice. The bridge deck replacement is complete on Lacey Lane over I-77.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033. ¶