Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
• Dart Avenue, between Exchange Street and Center Street: Reduced to two lanes for excavation on the east side of the street through Nov. 9.
• Firestone Parkway, between Wilbeth Road and Firestone Boulevard: Closed until mid-November for road reconstruction. Also, Firestone Boulevard will be closed between South Main Street and Firestone Parkway but access will be maintained to the Bridgestone parking deck and parking lot for Firestone Stadium. Detours will be posted.
• Lane restrictions caused by construction fencing: Until further notice, several streets will have lanes blocked by fencing. These include: East Exchange Street eastbound, right lane between Allyn and Sumner streets; and West Exchange Street, left lane between Bowery Street and Wabash Avenue.
• Cedar Street and Broadway, at the intersection: The right lane of Cedar approaching Broadway and the right lane of Broadway from Selle to Exchange will be closed for construction until further notice.
• Locust Street, between Cedar and Exchange streets: Closed for construction until the end of December. Detours are posted.
• East Market Street, between Fountain Street and Arlington Street: Lane restrictions through November for work to upgrade traffic signals.
• Englewood Avenue, between Seiberling Street and General Street: Closing for underground work until the end of December. Traffic will be diverted to East Market Street.
• Harrington Road, between Warner Road and Swartz Road: Closed until late in 2014 for dam repair and bridge reconstruction. Access to park entrances will be maintained. A detour is posted.
Other road construction:
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• Revere Road, between Everett Road and Ira Road in Bath Township: Closing through Friday for culvert replacement. Detour from Everett Road to Cleveland-Massillon Road to Ira Road.
• I-271, between Broadview Road and the Ohio Turnpike in Richfield and Richfield Township: There will be lane restrictions during nonpeak traffic hours for road construction until further notice.
• Manchester Road in Coventry Township: Manchester Road from just south of Proehl Avenue to just north of Cormany Road is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for road widening through mid-November.
• State Road, between Graham Road and Quick Road in Cuyahoga Falls: There will be lane restrictions for road widening until further notice.
• I-76, between state Route 57 and state Route 21 in Summit County: Narrowed lanes of traffic for a rehabilitation project until further notice.
• State Route 18, near the square in Medina: Intermittent lane closings for paving until December. Delays should be expected. Pavement markings will be placed and other finalization work will be performed as the project nears completion.
• Granger Road, between Weymouth Road and Bagdad Road in Medina Township: Closed through Nov. 14 for bridge rehabilitation.
• Rittman Road, between Wall Road and Trease Road in Wadsworth Township: Closing Monday through Nov. 4 for a culvert replacement.
• State routes 14, 183 and 225 in Edinburg, Palmyra, Atwater and Deerfield townships: There will be lane restrictions for resurfacing on Route 14 between Tallmadge Road and Route 225, and on Route 183 between Route 14 and U.S. 224 until further notice.
• U.S. 224, in Suffield, Randolph and Atwater townships: U.S. 224 over the railroad, one mile east of state Route 532, is reduced to one lane maintained by a traffic signal for bridge painting. Also, U.S. 224 over the railroad between Industry Road and Bank Street will have lane restrictions for bridge repairs until further notice.
• U.S. 224, between Diver Road and the Mahoning County line in Deerfield Township: There will be daily lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 82, one-half mile south of state Route 305 in Hiram: Closed for emergency repairs through mid-December. Detour is state Route 88 to state Route 700.
• I-77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: For motorists driving on I-77 North from the Tuscarawas County line to Fohl Road, there will be a two-way traffic pattern. One lane of northbound traffic will be crossed onto I-77 South, while the second lane will remain on I-77 North. I-77 in both directions between state Route 800 and Fohl Road has nightly lane restrictions in both directions for road work until further notice.
• Marquardt Street, Easton Street and Schneider Street in Plain Township: Those streets intersecting the Stark County bike trail will have daily lane restrictions for signal placement until further notice.
• State Route 619, between Market Avenue Northwest and state Route 43 in Hartville: There will be daily lane restrictions for signal upgrades until further notice.
• State Route 172, between Riverside Drive Northeast and Warner Road Southeast in Canton: Closed through late November for bridge rehabilitation over a branch of the Nimishillen Creek. A detour is posted.
• State Route 172 in Perry Township: Route 172 between Woodlawn Avenue and Eden Avenue will have lane restrictions for drainage repairs and resurfacing until mid-November.
• State Route 183, between Ely Street and Prospect Street in Alliance: Closed through mid-November for road repairs. Also, Route 183 at Union Street is closed for intersection improvements. Detours are posted.
• State Route 21, between U.S. 62 and Lawndell Road in Navarre: Closed over the Tuscarawas River through early November for bridge replacement. Detour is U.S. 62 to U.S. 250. Also, Route 21 between the Tuscarawas County line and U.S. 62 will have lane restrictions for resurfacing through early November.
• State Route 83/Dix Expressway, between U.S. 30 and Friendsville Road: Intermittent lane closings as needed for finalization work on a road maintenance project. One lane of traffic will be maintained at all times in each direction until completion of the project in early November.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.