Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
• Firestone Parkway, between Wilbeth Road and Firestone Boulevard: Closed until late April for road reconstruction. Also, Firestone Boulevard will be closed between South Main Street and Firestone Parkway but access will be maintained to the Bridgestone parking deck and parking lot for Firestone Stadium. Detours will be posted.
• Dart Avenue, between Exchange Street and Center Street: Reduced to two lanes for excavation on the east side of the street until late November.
• Lane restrictions caused by construction fencing: Until further notice, several streets will have lanes blocked by fencing. These include: East Exchange Street eastbound, right lane between Allyn and Sumner streets; and West Exchange Street, left lane between Bowery Street and Wabash Avenue.
• Cedar Street and Broadway, at the intersection: The right lane of Cedar approaching Broadway and the right lane of Broadway from Selle to Exchange will be closed for construction until further notice.
• Locust Street, between Cedar and Exchange streets: Closed for construction until the end of December. Detours are posted.
• East Market Street, between Fountain Street and Arlington Street: Lane restrictions through November for work to upgrade traffic signals.
• Englewood Avenue, between Seiberling Street and General Street: Closing for underground work until the end of December. Traffic will be diverted to East Market Street.
• North Portage Path at West Market Street: Closed for underground utility work. Traffic detoured via Market, Conger Avenue and Edgerton Road.
• Fairfax Road, between Rampart Street and Castle Boulevard: Closed for construction at the new school building. Traffic detoured via Castle Boulevard, Garman Road and North Hawkins Street.
• Harrington Road, between Warner Road and Swartz Road: Closed until late in 2014 for dam repair and bridge reconstruction. Access to park entrances will be maintained. A detour is posted.
Other road construction:
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• I-271, between Broadview Road and the Ohio Turnpike in Richfield and Richfield Township: There will be lane restrictions during nonpeak traffic hours for road construction until further notice.
• Manchester Road in Coventry Township: Manchester Road from just south of Proehl Avenue to just north of Cormany Road is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for road widening through late November.
• State Road, between Graham Road and Quick Road in Cuyahoga Falls: There will be lane restrictions for road widening until further notice.
• I-76 lane closings: I-76 eastbound is reduced to one lane between state Route 57 and state Route 94, and two lanes between Route 94 and the Summit County line for a rehabilitation project until further notice. All lanes of I-76 westbound are now open and back to their normal traffic patterns for the winter season.
• State Route 18, near the square in Medina: Intermittent lane closings for paving until December. Delays should be expected. Pavement markings will be placed and other finalization work will be performed as the project nears completion.
• State Route 82, one-half mile south of state Route 305 in Hiram: Closed for emergency repairs through late November. Detour is state Route 88 to state Route 700.
• I-77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: I-77 in both directions from the Tuscarawas County line to Fohl Road has lane restrictions for road construction and striping until further notice.
• Marquardt Street, Easton Street and Schneider Street in Plain Township: Those streets intersecting the Stark County bike trail will have daily lane restrictions for signal placement until further notice.
• State Route 619, between Market Avenue Northwest and state Route 43 in Hartville: There will be daily lane restrictions for signal upgrades until further notice.
• State Route 172, between Riverside Drive Northeast and Warner Road Southeast in Canton: Closed through late November for bridge rehabilitation over a branch of the Nimishillen Creek. A detour is posted.
• State Route 172 in Perry Township: Route 172 between Woodlawn Avenue and Eden Avenue will have lane restrictions for drainage repairs and resurfacing until late November.
• State Route 183, between Ely Street and Prospect Street in Alliance: Closed through late November for road repairs. Also, Route 183 at Union Street is closed for intersection improvements. Detours are posted.
No current projects to report.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.