Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
Other road construction:
• Interstate 76 ramp closings and lane restrictions: Starting at 9 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday, state Route 8 southbound to I-77 northbound/I-76 westbound will be closed, along with the I-76 westbound exit ramp to Grant Street. Detours will be posted. I-76 westbound just east of the Central Interchange will have lane restrictions.
• State Route 8, between the central interchange and the northern Akron limits: There are lane restrictions in both directions until mid-November. Route 8 under the Interstate 76 bridge has lane restrictions for resurfacing from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. each night.
• Dart Avenue, between Boulevard Street and Thornton Street: The new bridge is now open.
• Third Avenue bridge, between Innovation Way and Kelly Avenue: Closed to all traffic for replacement until late December. A detour is posted.
• South Main Street/Wilbeth Road intersection: Lane restrictions will narrow traffic approaching the intersection from all directions. Construction will continue for widening, new signals and sidewalk installation until later in the fall. Access to all businesses will remain.
• Massillon Road, from East Market Street to Cramer Avenue: Massillon Road will be closed from East Market Street to Cramer Avenue until at least late October for full-depth road reconstruction.
• Brittain Road, between Tallmadge Avenue and Evans Avenue: There will be lane reductions for paving until Oct. 31.
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• I-77 in Fairlawn, Richfield and Bath Township: Harold Drive over I-77 will be closed until late October for bridge deck replacement. A detour is posted.
• Highland Road in Macedonia: Closed just west of Roll and Hold Parkway. This is part of a project to construct a bridge over the railroad between South Bedford Road and Valley View Road to be completed in August 2013.
• State Route 82 eastbound to I-271 northbound entrance ramp in Macedonia: Closed until the completion of the Highland Road bridge project. Detour is Macedonia Commons Boulevard to state Route 8 to I-271.
• I-71, between the Cuyahoga County line and just south of state Route 18: There will be intermittent lane closings during the week to paint pavement markings. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained at all times during daytime hours, but one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Delays should be expected. It is to be completed by Friday.
• I-76 eastbound, from just west of state Route 94 to the Summit County line: Reduced to one lane for a reconstruction project until further notice. The entrance ramp to I-76 eastbound from Route 94 in Wadsworth is closed until mid-November. Car and truck detours are posted. The exit ramp from I-76 eastbound to Route 94 is closed until Nov. 5. A detour is posted.
• Beechwood Drive, between North Harmony Street and Lindenwood Lane in Medina: Closed until early December for road reconstruction. Local access will be maintained during most of that time. A detour is posted.
• U.S. 224, at its overlap with Rivers Corners Road between state Route 301 and U.S. 42 in Homer Township: Closed as part of a railroad bridge replacement. A detour is posted. The road is expected to reopen in December.
• Mud Lake Road, from Daniels Road west to Westfield Road in Westfield Township: Closed until Dec. 10 for railroad bridge replacement.
• State Route 301, north off state Route 162 in Spencer: Closed for emergency sewer repairs. It is expected to reopen Tuesday. A detour will be posted.
• I-76 in Brimfield and Rootstown townships: I-76 in both directions under Sherman Road and Sandy Lake Road will have nightly lane restrictions for bridge painting until late October.
• State Route 14 in Ravenna Township: Route 14 just east of Infirmary Road will continue to have lane restrictions for culvert replacement and slide repair until further notice.
• State Route 5, between I-76 and just east of state Route 59 in Rootstown and Ravenna townships: There will be daily and nightly restrictions for resurfacing and bridge repairs. The work is to be completed later in October.
• State Route 5 in Charlestown Township: Traffic in both directions will be shifted to the south side of the road through late November. Route 5 eastbound to Rock Springs Road is closed, as is Rock Springs Road southbound to Route 5 eastbound for bridge construction through late November. Detours are posted.
• I-77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: I-77 southbound will be reduced to one lane between the Tuscarawas County line and Downing Road for pavement repairs through late October. I-77 in both directions between state Route 800 and the Tuscarawas County line will have lane restrictions for paving through mid-November.
• U.S. 30 at Trump Avenue in Canton Township: Lane restrictions in both directions at U.S. 30 for roadway striping from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. until late October. Delays should be expected.
• North Main Street, from Applegrove Street to Orion Street in North Canton: Restricted to one lane of traffic in each direction for road reconstruction. Driveway access will be maintained throughout the project, which is expected to be completed in December.
• State Route 153, from Fruitland Avenue to Chapel Street in Louisville: Reduced to one lane in each direction for road construction until mid-November.
• State Route 172 in East Canton: Route 172 at the state Route 44/172 intersection is closed through early November, as will Route 44 between Route 172 and U.S. 30. for pavement repairs.
• State Route 172, over the railroad between Glavera Avenue and Meyerson Avenue in Canton Township: Closed until late October for bridge replacement. A detour will be posted.
• U.S. 30, between South Elyria Road and the Wooster city limits: Restricted to one lane of traffic in each direction for a pavement seal project until mid-November.
State Route 585, at the intersection of Gates Street in Doylestown: There will be lane restrictions for an intersection improvement project until mid-November. Route 585 traffic in both directions will be prohibited from making left-hand turns on to Gates Street.
• State Route 3, between state Route 226 and the Ashland/Holmes County line in Wooster, Plain and Clinton townships: Restricted to one lane of two-way traffic for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers. It is expected to be completed by the end of October.
Elsewhere in Northeast Ohio:
• I-77 bridge deck replacement in Brecksville, Broadview Heights and Independence: Through fall, there are overnight lane closings on I-77 between Wallings Road and I-80. Harris Road over I-77 is maintained with two-way traffic and a temporary traffic signal. On Valley Parkway over I-77 in Brecksville, two-way traffic is maintained with a temporary signal until further notice. On Oakes Road, Highland Drive, Snowville Road, Lacy Lane and Chestnut Road, only minor work remains.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.