EDEN, N.C.—Eleven pit bulls lay lifeless Tuesday in the yard of Jerry Alford’s home on College Village Drive in Eden, N.C. The mother pit bull was inside the house, struggling to survive. Alford believes that his dogs were poisoned.
“You can see antifreeze on their coats,“ he said.
He noticed something was wrong with his dogs at about 11 a.m. Monday, when the 3 1/2-month-old dog started throwing up blood. A few hours later, the 10 younger puppies, which are only about 3 1/2 weeks old, started “falling out” dead, Alford said. The oldest puppy died about 9 p.m. Monday.
- 2014 (21)
- 2013 (135)
- 2012 (353)
- 2011 (380)
- 2010 (415)
- 2009 (776)
- 2008 (2)
Stories via email
Sign up to receive a daily email containing new posts published on pets.ohio.com.