This is a pretty good collection of cat facts and trivia. A sampling:
- A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor.
- It is a common belief that cats are color blind. However, recent studies have shown that cats can see blue, green and red.
- A cat can jump even seven times as high as it is tall.
- Cats do not think that they are little people. They think that we are big cats. This influences their behavior in many ways.
- In ancient Egypt, killing a cat was a crime punishable by death.
- Besides smelling with their nose, cats can smell with an additional organ called the Jacobson's organ, located in the upper surface of the mouth.
- A happy cat holds her tail high and steady.
- A cat's brain is more similar to a man's brain than that of a dog.
- If your cat snores, or rolls over on his back to expose his belly, it means he trusts you.
- See the complete list.
Pets Blog Archives
- 2014 (21)
- 2013 (135)
- 2012 (353)
- 2011 (380)
- 2010 (415)
- 2009 (776)
- 2008 (2)