A father died after being nipped by his dog during a game of fetch.
Steven Sewell, 55, was on holiday in the Scottish Highlands with his wife Angela and teenage son David when the family’s partially blind dog Judy bit him.
The retired teacher patched up the small wound with tissue and carried on as normal because he was not in any pain.
However, an inquest has heard how he began complaining of shivers and sickness a few days later.
He was taken to hospital, where doctors diagnosed blood poisoning, and he died a few days later after the infection spread to his brain.
The family say the dog has never behaved aggressively, and are keeping her in spite of the freak accident.
- 2014 (21)
- 2013 (135)
- 2012 (353)
- 2011 (380)
- 2010 (415)
- 2009 (776)
- 2008 (2)
Stories via email
Sign up to receive a daily email containing new posts published on pets.ohio.com.