Akron

 



Free Site Subscriptions

Subscribe by RSS

Subscribe by Email


Pets Blog

Parrot gets award for warning about choking tot

By jim Published: March 24, 2009

DENVER  - A parrot whose cries of alarm alerted his owner when a little girl choked on her breakfast has been honored as a hero.

Willie, a Quaker parrot, has been given the local Red Cross chapter's Animal Lifesaver Award.


In November, Willie's owner, Megan Howard, was baby-sitting for a toddler. Howard left the room and the little girl, Hannah, started to choke on her breakfast.


Willie repeatedly yelled "Mama, baby" and flapped his wings, and Howard returned in time to find the girl already turning blue.

Read the entire MSNBC story here

Print
Add This
  |



Stories via email

Sign up to receive a daily email containing new posts published on pets.ohio.com.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Pet Events
Add your pet-related event