Akron

 



Free Site Subscriptions

Subscribe by RSS

Subscribe by Email

Pets Blog

Woman's Dog Dies After Eating Recalled Dog Food

By jim Published: April 1, 2009

Danielle Drake of Mt. Lookout says she was devastated to learn her 10-year-old dog Abbey died from salmonella poisoning from pet food she had just bought the first week of February. Abbey soon got lethargic, and dehydrated.

"I took her to the vet and within 24 hours she was having seizures, going into cardiac arrest."

The Pedigree dog food Danielle had bought in February had, in fact, been recalled last August. She found it at a discount store after noticing the brand was missing from the shelves of her regular grocery store.

"If when they had a recall they just set a little tag out where the food used to sit on the shelf why its not on there I never would have bought this. And you feel some guilt."

Full story->

Print
Add This
  |



Stories via email

Sign up to receive a daily email containing new posts published on pets.ohio.com.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner