1. The Browns’ offense is on a quest to rebound from the season-opening disaster against the Philadelphia Eagles. Rookies Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden are playing for redemption after forgettable NFL debuts.
2. The Browns will be playing their first game without top cover corner Joe Haden, who was suspended for four games for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Haden is not eligible to return until Oct. 14 — at home against the Bengals.
3. Linebacker Scott Fujita is set to play in his first game after missing most of training camp, the last three preseason games and the opener with a left knee injury. How long he’ll be available to the team remains to be seen as he meets next week with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell regarding the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal.
4. The Browns are looking to rebound from two heartbreaking losses to the Bengals last season. A quick snap in the season opener led to the first loss. In the second game, problems by long snapper Ryan Pontbriand led to a missed field goal that could have won the game.
5. Browns-Bengals connections: Bengals center Jeff Faine was the Browns’ first-round draft pick in 2003 (21st overall), playing in Cleveland for three seasons. ... Browns defensive end Frostee Rucker was a third-round draft pick by the Bengals in 2006 and played there through 2011. … Bengals cornerback Nate Clements (Shaker Heights), practice squad halfback Dan Herron (Warren), kicker Mike Nugent and Browns practice squad offensive lineman Nate Shugarts all played at Ohio State.