Injury report: Kyle Korver (back) questionable; Anthony Morrow (quad) questionable.
Officials: Scott Foster, Mark Ayotte, Curtis Blair
|PG Jeremy Pargo||6-2, 219||10.5||1.8||3.0|
|SG Dion Waiters||6-4, 221||15.0||2.2||2.9|
|SF Alonzo Gee||6-6, 219||11.8||3.7||2.1|
|PF Tristan Thompson||6-9, 227||8.9||7.8||1.3|
|C Anderson Varejao||6-11, 260||14.5||14.9||3.2|
|PG Jeff Teague||6-2, 181||13.5||2.6||7.1|
|SG Devin Harris||6-3, 185||6.3||1.6||0.9|
|SF DeShwn Stevensn||6-5, 218||5.8||2.9||0.8|
|PF Josh Smith||6-9, 225||15.3||7.6||3.8|
|C Al Horford||6-10, 250||16.0||9.3||
* The Cavs have elected to leave newly signed Kevin Jones in Canton for now, although he could be up with the team fairly soon. He isn't in line to really receive playing time right now, but coach Byron Scott is interested to see what he can do in practice.
* Adding Jones was a bit of a no-brainer since Luke Harangody is expected to miss about another month following knee surgery. He was taking up a roster spot and the Cavs were risking losing Jones to another team after his blistering start in the Development League (averaging 27 points and 13.7 rebounds in his first three games). The Cavs held Jones' D-League rights through the Charge, but they had to add him to their 15-man roster to prevent losing him to another team.
* Despite his eye-popping numbers, the Cavs are still viewing Jones as a long-term project similar to how they handled Alonzo Gee a couple of years ago. Scott said this morning he doesn't really have rotation minutes available for Jones right now, the Cavs just want to get him back into their system. This is Gee's third season with the team and he is blossoming. The Cavs want to get Jones into practices, watch him in summer league next year and hope he flourishes the way Gee has.
* The Hawks have a Cleveland feel to them with GM Danny Ferry running the operation. He pulled assistant GM Wes Wilcox and media relations guru Garin Narain from the Cavaliers, too. Ferry quickly detonated the roster by trading Joe Johnson, creating cap flexibility the Hawks previously couldn't find. They've also done surprisingly well early on. Their six-game winning streak is currently the longest in the league.
* The Hawks have been pretty good defensively, which is a bad sign given the Cavs' recent offensive problems. Atlanta is allowing the fourth-fewest points in the league (92.0), they're leading the league in forced turnovers (17.9) and no team has shot 50 percent against them yet this season.
* Al Horford is the reigning Eastern Conference player of the week after averaging 16.5 points, 9.8 rebounds and 4.5 assists in leading the Hawks to a 4-0 week.
* The Hawks will be without starting shooting guard Kyle Korver,the 3-point specialist, who is suffering from back spasms. Devin Harris will start in his place, essentially giving the Hawks two point guards on the floor at the start of the game.