Steve Smith is eager to continue his NFL career in Baltimore, where he’s just a short flight from his permanent home in Charlotte. The longtime Panthers standout wide receiver didn’t waste time finding a new home, signing a three-year contract with the Ravens about 24 hours after being released by Carolina.
Smith, 34, was released by the Panthers after 13 seasons.
More player moves
• Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick says he’s been released by the Tennessee Titans.
• Suspended former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner signed with the New England Patriots.
• The Chicago Bears agreed to a one-year contract with two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Charles Tillman.
• The Kansas Chiefs signed defensive tackle Vance Walker to a three-year contract.
• The New York Giants confirmed they re-signed three-time Pro Bowl linebacker Jon Beason.
Lewis signs extension
Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis signed a one-year contract extension Friday, keeping him on the job through the 2015 season. Lewis has led the Bengals to three consecutive playoff berths, a first for the franchise that began play in 1968.