• The Canton Charge, the D-League affiliate of the Cavaliers, fell 86-75 to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, dropping their record to 0-3.
Kevin Jones led the Charge in scoring with 24 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for his third double-double in as many games.
The Charge return home to the Canton Civic Center for the first leg of a back-to-back with the Erie BayHawks at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
• The Kent State women’s basketball team lost to St. Francis (Pa.) 81-67.
Amber Dunlap led the Golden Flashes (0-6) in scoring off the bench with 16 points. The Flashes will seek their first victory Saturday, when they host Niagara at 2 p.m.
• University of Akron senior Scott Caldwell was named one of 15 semifinalists for the Missouri Athletic Club’s Hermann Trophy, the highest individual honor in intercollegiate soccer.
Caldwell, the 2012 Mid-American Conference Player of the Year, recorded a team-high 10 assists, which ranked him eighth in Division I, and a career-best nine goals.
This marks the fifth consecutive season the Zips have had at least one player in the semifinalist list.
• University of Akron senior wide receiver Marquelo Suel was named an All-MAC third-team all-star selection.
Suel led the Zips in catches (76) and receiving yards (820) to go along with five touchdowns. Suel’s 76 catches were the second-highest single season total in the program’s history.
• Kent State University will be hosting a send-off for its football team at 9 a.m. today in the M.A.C. Center. The team is headed to Detroit for the 2012 MAC Championship game where they will face Northern Illinois on Friday.
Doors open 30 minutes prior to the start of the program. Coach Darrell Hazell and select members of the team will address the crowd before loading the buses.