• Sunday — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, holds meetings at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit psfsclub.org or call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Thursday — The Ohio Central Basin Steelheaders is holding its sixth annual Steelhead Workshop. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. and will be held at the Ampol Club, 4737 Pearl Road, Cleveland. There will be demonstrations on fly tying, rigging (both spinning and fly), spawn sac making, center pinning, spey casting, raffles and more. Admission is free. Information: call Larry Singleton at 330-745-6054 or go to www.ohiosteelheaders.com ;.
• March 6 — The Ohio Department of Natural Resources’ Division of Wildlife will hold a steelhead fishing seminar at Wildlife District 3 Headquarters, 912 Portage Lakes Drive, Coventry Township. The class will be directed by biologist Phil Hillman and will run from 7 to 9 p.m. It is free, but advance registration is required. For more information, call 330-245-3030.
• March 11 — The Summit Sportsman’s Association, a fishing and hunting club, meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Polish American Club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave., Akron. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Harold McAbee at 330-630-9621.
• March 14 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, 1221 Wingfoot Lake Road (at the intersection of State Route 43 & Wingfoot Lake Road), Suffield Township, holds its meetings the second Thursday of each month. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. New members are welcome. Contact: Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• March 15 — The Passport to Fishing class, sponsored by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife, will be held at the Wildlife District 3 Headquarters, 912 Portage Lakes Drive, Coventry Township. The workshop is for adults to become certified youth fishing instructors. The class will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The program is designed to help students connect with the outdoors. Criminal background checks are required of all participants. The class is free, but advance registration is required. Contact: Ken Fry at 330-245-3030.
• March 16 — The 13th Annual Shreve Spring Migration Sensation will be held in and around Shreve from 7 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Shreve Elementary School, 598 N. Market St., Shreve, acts has the host site, with guided tours nearby in the Killbuck Marsh, Shreve Lake, Brown’s Bog and Funk Bottoms wildlife areas. Cost is $10 per person or $15 per family. For information on the schedule of events, speakers, workshops and displays or on the Friends of Killbuck Marsh and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, visit www.ShreveMigration.org or www.ShreveOhio.com ;.
• April 25-28 — The second annual Buckeye TrailFest will be held at Red Oak Camp in Kirtland. This gathering of Buckeye Trail enthusiasts, hikers and trail maintainers features programs, presentations and hikes in and around Lake and Geauga counties. Registration is $45, and $35 for Buckeye Trail Association members. For more information or to register, visit www.BuckeyeTrailFest.org ;.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Today — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, is open for trap shoots from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — The North Lawrence Fish and Game Club at 15325 Lawmont St. NW, North Lawrence, hosts fall and winter turkey shoots each Sunday through March 3. Shoots are traditional and Lucky X with factory barrels. There are also unlimited barrel shoots and all shells are provided. Shoots begin at 10 a.m. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. and the kitchen opens at 9 a.m. Practice traps will be available. For more information contact Jim Stallard 330-825-9150 or www.nlfg.org ;.
• Monday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, hosts trap league shoots from 6 to 9 p.m. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• March 10 — The Lost Arrow Archery Club, 3307 17th St. SW, Massillon, hosts its first shoot of the season. From 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., there will be a 30 target, 3-D shoot and five tree stands. All kinds of bows are welcome. Similar event: April 14. Information: www.lostarrowarcheryclub.com or call 330-933-0980.
According to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, about one-third of Ohio’s watercraft registrations will expire March 1. Ohioans may register watercraft online, through the mail or in person. The online renewal process may be utilized 24 hours a day, seven days a week through Sept. 30 at ohiodnr.com/watercraft. Once the boat owner’s transaction is successfully completed, a valid boat registration and decals will be sent in the mail within 10 days. The Division of Watercraft encourages boat owners to use the online registration renewal system if they are not making any changes to boat information included in their registration. The secure renewal transactions require the use of a valid credit card in addition to an ODNR Division of Watercraft assigned boat registration personal identification number. Ohio boat owners also may renew their watercraft registrations by mail through June 30, if they have no changes to information included on their registration, including owner information. Ohioans also may renew watercraft registrations in person when visiting a watercraft registration agent. A listing of watercraft registration agents, which includes each of the ODNR Division of Watercraft’s 11 area office locations, fee schedules and other registration information, is available at ohiodnr.com/watercraft or by calling the ODNR Division of Watercraft toll-free at 877-4BOATER.