• April 21 — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, holds meetings at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit www.psfsclub.org or call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• April 25 - 28 — The second annual Buckeye TrailFest will be held at Red Oak Camp in Kirtland. This gathering of Buckeye Trail enthusiasts, hikers and trail maintainers features programs, presentations and hikes in and around Lake and Geauga counties. Registration is $45 and $35 for Buckeye Trail Association members. For more information or to register, visit BuckeyeTrailFest.org.
• May 9 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, 1221 Wingfoot Lake Road (at the intersection of State Route 43 & Wingfoot Lake Road), Suffield Township, holds its meetings the second Thursday of each month. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. New members are welcome. Contact: Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• May 13 — The Summit Sportsman’s Association, a fishing and hunting club, meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Polish American Club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave., Akron. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Harold McAbee at 330-630-9621.
• Today — Lenape Trails Sportsman’s Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, will host protector trap shoots beginning at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Today — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — The Lost Arrow Archery Club, 3307 17th Street SW, Massillon, hosts a 30 target, 3D shoot and five tree stand shoot. The shoot is from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. All kinds of bows are welcome. Information: lostarrowarcheryclub.com or call 330-933-0980.
• Monday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, hosts its trap league shoots from 6 to 9 p.m. through the fall. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Tuesday — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 State Route 224, Deerfield Township, will host its weekly trap shoots every Tuesday evening, from 5 to 9 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-688-6507 or go to psfsclub.org.
• Wednesday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, will be open for trap shooting practice from 6 to 9 p.m. The club will continue this through the fall. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• April 21 — A 30 target, 3D shoot will be held at the Wingfoot Bowhunters Club, 524 E. Waterloo Road, Suffield Township. Registration is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Concessions available. New members welcome. Call 330-633-5292.
• May 5 — The Lone Eagle Bowmen’s 3D archery shoot begins its 2013 calendar year of shoots. The club, 2276 Seeman St. SW, Canton, will have a 30 target 3D shoot that begins at 9 a.m. Similar events: June 2, Aug. 4 and Sept. 8. For more information, go to LoneEagleBowmen.com.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Calendar. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 330-996-3629.