• Monday — The Akron Sail & Power Squadron will present a two-hour seminar titled Trailering Your Boat at American Legion Hall, 1601 Front St., Cuyahoga Falls. The class begins at 7 p.m. Boaters will learn how to select the right trailer and how to launch and retrieve boats. Cost for nonmembers is $15. All materials presented are available to attendees. For an additional $30, students can also order the book Trailering Your Boat, written by Bruce Smith and published by McGraw Hill. For more information, contact Bob Mosey at 330-686-9844 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• May 13 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club meets at 7:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Mogadore VFW Hall, 385 Randolph Road, Mogadore. New members are welcome. For details, call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Today — Lenape Trail Sportsman Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, will host protector trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Today — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Edinburg Sportsmen Club, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, is open for practice shoots from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. New shooters are welcome. For details, call 330-472-7206 or go to edinburgsportsmens.webs.com.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Monday — The Edinburg Sportsmen Club, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, hosts a spring trap league at 6 p.m. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-472-7206 or go to edinburgsportsmens.webs.com.
• Tuesday — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, hosts trap shoots from 5 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-688-6507 or go to psfsclub.org.
• April 27 — The Wingfoot Bowhunters Club, 425 E. Waterloo Road, Suffield Township, will host a 30-target, 3-D shoot. Registration is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Concessions will be available. New members are welcome. For more information, call 330-633-5292.
• April 27 — Crystal Springs Bowhunters will have a 30-target, 3-D shoot from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Deerfield Avenue Northwest just north of Marshallville Road in Canal Fulton. There will be progressive starting times with registration from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The shoots are open to the public. Crossbows are permitted. The concession stand will be open all day. Memberships are available at $35 per family. Cost is $5 per shoot for members and $10 per shoot for nonmembers. Children younger than 15 are admitted free with a paying adult. Similar events will be held May 18, June 22, July 20 and Aug. 17. For more information, visit www.3dshoots.com or call 330-603-3161 or 330-806-7273.
• May 4 — The Lone Eagle Bowmen, 2276 Seeman St. SW, East Sparta, will host an archery 30-target, 3-D shoot. Registration is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Similar dates will be June 1, Aug. 3 and Sept. 7. For more information, go to www.LoneEagleBowmen.com.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Calendar. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to email@example.com or by fax at 330-996-3629.