• Saturday — Metro Parks, Serving Summit County, will host an Owl Prowl at Goodyear Heights Metro Park’s Parcours Trail, 2077 Newton St., Akron. The 7 p.m. walk will explore what kind of owls live and hunt in the area.
• Jan. 12 — A raw fur auction will be held at 9 a.m. at Gougler Park in Kent. For more information, call Mike Velka at 330-678-3132.
• Jan. 13 — The Summit Sportsman’s Association, a fishing and hunting club, meets at 7:30 p.m. second Monday of each month at the Polish American Club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave., Akron. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Harold McAbee at 330-630-9621.
• Jan. 14 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, will meet at 7:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Mogadore VFW Hall, 385 Randolph Road, Mogadore. New members are welcome. For more information, call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Jan. 19 — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, meets at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit www.psfsclub.org or call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Today — Lenape Trail Sportsman Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, will host protector trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Today — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Calendar. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to email@example.com or by fax at 330-996-3629.