• Jan. 10 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, 1221 Wingfoot Lake Road, Suffield Township, meets at 7:30 p.m. the second Thursday of each month. New members are welcome. For more information, call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Jan. 13 — Fur Takers of America Chapter 8 will have a wild, raw-fur auction at 9 a.m. at Gougler Park in Brimfield Township. For more information, call Mike at 330-678-3132 or Gary at 330-297-1957.
• Jan. 14 — The Summit Sportsmans Association, a fishing and hunting club, meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Polish American Club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave., Akron. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Harold McAbee at 330-630-9621.
• Jan. 17 — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, meets at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit www.psfsclub.org or call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
Jan. 27 — A fisherman’s swap meet will be 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dover National Guard Armory, 2800 N. Wooster Ave., Dover. Dealers are welcome to sell or trade old or new fishing tackle. The set-up fee is $30 per table and reservations are required. Admission is $5 per person; children 7 or younger will be admitted free. For more information, call 330-364-3407.
• Today — Lenape Trail Sportsman Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, will host protector trap shoots beginning at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Today — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, is open for trap shoots from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — The North Lawrence Fish and Game Club hosts winter turkey shoots at 10 a.m. each Sunday through March 3 at 15325 Lawmont St. NW, North Lawrence. Shoots are traditional and Lucky X with factory barrels. There are unlimited barrel shoots with shells provided. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. and the kitchen opens at 9 a.m. Practice traps will be available. For more information, contact Jim Stallard 330-825-9150 or www.nlfg.org.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Calendar. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 330-996-3629.