• Monday — The Summit Sportsmans Association, a fishing and hunting club, meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Polish American Club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave., Akron. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Harold McAbee at 330-630-9621.
• Thursday — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, 1221 Wingfoot Lake Road (at the intersection of state Route 43 and Wingfoot Lake Road), Suffield Township, holds its meetings at 7:30 p.m. the second Thursday of each month. New members are welcome. Contact: Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Dec. 16 — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, holds meetings at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit www.psfs-club.org or call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Today — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, is open for trap shoots from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — The Lodi Bird Club, Franchester Road, Lodi, will host a turkey shoot from 10 a.m. to noon. Factory shotguns only. Prizes include ham, turkey, bacon, pork loins and cash. For information or directions, call 330-948-1295.
• Sunday — The North Lawrence Fish and Game Club, 15325 Lawmont St. NW, North Lawrence, host turkey shoots each Sunday through March 3. Shoots are traditional and Lucky X with factory barrels. There are also unlimited barrel shoots and all shells are provided. Shoots begin at 10 a.m. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. and the kitchen opens at 9 a.m. Practice traps will be available. For more information, contact Jim Stallard 330-825-9150 or www.nlfg.org.
• Monday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, hosts a trap league shoot from 6 to 9 p.m. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Dec. 14 — Lenape Trail Sportsmans Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, will host protector trap shoots beginning at 6:30 p.m. Also on Dec. 28. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Calendar. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 330-996-3629.