• Sunday — Fur Takers of America Chapter 8 will be having a wild raw fur auction at Goulger Park in Brimfield Twp. The auction will start at 9 a.m. Information: call Mike at 330-678-3132 or Gary at 330-297-1957.
• Monday — The Summit Sportsman’s Association, a fishing and hunting club, meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Polish American Club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave., Akron. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Harold McAbee at 330-630-9621.
• Jan. 20 — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Twp., holds meetings at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit www.psfsclub.org or call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Jan. 27 — A fisherman’s swap meet will be held at the Dover National Guard Armory, 2800 N. Wooster Ave., Dover, from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dealers are welcome to sell or trade old or new fishing tackle. The set-up fee is $30 per table and reservations are required. Admission is $5 per person; children 7 and younger are free. For more information, call 330-364-3407.
• Feb. 14 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, 1221 Wingfoot Lake Road (at the intersection of State Route 43 and Wingfoot Lake Road), Suffield Twp., holds its meetings the second Thursday of each month. Meetings are at 7:30 p.m. New members are welcome. Contact: Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Today — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Twp., is open for trap shoots from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Twp., is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — The North Lawrence Fish and Game Club at 15325 Lawmont St. NW, North Lawrence, hosts fall and winter turkey shoots each Sunday through March 3. Shoots are traditional and Lucky X with factory barrels. There are also unlimited barrel shoots and all shells are provided. Shoots begin at 10 a.m. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. and the kitchen opens at 9 a.m. Practice traps will be available. For more information, contact Jim Stallard at 330-825-9150 or www.nlfg.org.
• Monday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Twp., hosts trap league shoots from 6 to 9 p.m. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Calendar. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable.
Please submit items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 330-996-3629.