• Sunday — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, meets at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit www.psfsclub.org or call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Aug. 3 — Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, will host a youth sports festival. Children ages 10 to 14 will learn about the correct and safe use of firearms, air rifles, archery and fishing. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Classes start at 8:45 a.m. All equipment, ammunition, eye and hearing protection will be provided. A free lunch will be served to all participants and families. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all students. For reservations, call 330-597-3009 or email ROBERT291@sbcglobal.net.
• Aug. 8 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, 1221 Wingfoot Lake Road (at state Route 43 and Wingfoot Lake Road), Suffield Township, meets at 7:30 p.m. the second Thursday of each month. New members are welcome. For more information, call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Aug. 12 — The Summit Sportsmans Association, a fishing and hunting club, meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Polish American Club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave., Akron. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Harold McAbee at 330-630-9621.
• Today — Lenape Trail Sportsman Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, will host protector trap shoots beginning at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
• Today — The Lost Arrow Archery Club at 3370 17th St. SW, Massillon, will host a ladies shoot. For more information, call 330-933-0980.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Today — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Monday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, hosts trap league shoots from 6 to 9 p.m. through the fall. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Tuesday — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, hosts weekly trap shoots from 5 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-688-6507 or go to psfsclub.org.
• Wednesday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, will be open for trap shooting practice from 6 to 9 p.m. through the fall. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Aug. 4 — The Lone Eagle Bowmen will have a 30-target, 3-D archery shoot at 9 a.m. at 2276 Seeman St. SW, East Sparta. A similar event is scheduled for Sept. 8. For more information, go to LoneEagleBowmen.com.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Calendar. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to email@example.com or by fax at 330-996-3629.