• Today — The Passport to Fishing class, sponsored by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources’ Division of Wildlife, will be held at District 3 headquarters, 912 Portage Lakes Drive, Coventry Township. The workshop is for adults to become certified youth-fishing instructors. The class will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The program is designed to help students connect with the outdoors. Criminal background checks are required of all participants. The class is free but advance registration is required. For more information, call Ken Fry at 330-245-3030.
• Saturday — The 13th annual Shreve Spring Migration Sensation will be held in Shreve from 7 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Shreve Elementary School, 598 N. Market St. will act as the host site, with guided tours of nearby Killbuck Marsh, Shreve Lake, Brown’s Bog and Funk Bottoms wildlife areas. Cost is $10 per person or $15 per family. For more information about the schedule of events, speakers, workshops and displays or on the Friends of Killbuck Marsh and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, visit ShreveMigration.org or ShreveOhio.com.
• Sunday — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, meets at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit www.psfsclub.org or call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Monday — The Akron Sail and Power Squadron will present a two-hour seminar titled Emergencies on Board at the American Legion Hall, 1601 Front St., Cuyahoga Falls. This seminar runs from 7 to 9 p.m. and is designed to prepare boaters to deal with the most common boating emergencies. Topics include preventing accidents, running aground, fire, getting lost, towing, medical conditions plus other often-encountered emergencies. Each student will receive a copy of the PowerPoint presentation material. The fee is $15 for nonmembers, $10 of which can be applied to Akron Sail and Power Squadron membership. To register or for more information, contact Don Gifford at 330-929-6045 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the seminar, visit usps.org/e_stuff/seminars/eob.htm.
• March 23 — The 18th annual Turkey Hunting Seminar and Amateur Calling Contest will begin at 2 p.m. at Alliance High School, 200 Glamorgan St., Alliance. This year’s guest speaker is Dave Freeman, an outdoors writer and broadcaster. The amateur calling contest will have divisions for men, women and youth. The contest and event are free to the public. For more information, call 330-821-1200.
• April 8 — The Summit Sportsmans Association, a fishing and hunting club, meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Polish American Club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave., Akron. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Harold McAbee at 330-630-9621.
• April 25-28 — The second annual Buckeye TrailFest will be held at Red Oak Camp in Kirtland. This gathering of Buckeye Trail enthusiasts, hikers and trail maintainers features programs, presentations and hikes around Lake and Geauga counties. Registration is $45 and $35 for Buckeye Trail Association members. For more information or to register, visit BuckeyeTrailFest.org.
• Today — Lenape Trail Sportsman Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, will host protector trap shoots beginning at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Saturday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, is open for trap shoots from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — A 30-target, 3-D outdoor shoot will be held at the Crystal Springs Bowhunters Club on Deerfield Avenue Northwest in Canal Fulton. All shoots are open to the public. Crossbows are permitted. Concessions will be available. Registration is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost per shoot is $5 for members and $10 for nonmembers. Children 15 or younger can shoot free with a paying adult. Similar events will be April 21, May 19, June 16, July 21 and Aug. 18. For more information, visit 3dshoots.com.
• April 7 — The Lone Eagle Bowmen, 2276 Seeman St. SW, East Sparta, will have a 30-target, 3-D shoot at 9 a.m. Similar events will be May 5, June 2, Aug. 4 and Sept. 8. For more information, go to LoneEagleBowmen.com.
• April 14 — The Lost Arrow Archery Club, 3307 17th St. SW, Massillon, will host its first shoot of the season from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. There will be a 30-target, 3-D shoot and five tree stands. All kinds of bows are welcome. For more information, visit lostarrowarcheryclub.com or call 330-933-0980.
LET US KNOW
• If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Calendar. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to email@example.com or by fax at 330-996-3629.