• Sunday — Children’s games, raffles and corn hole are featured at the annual Goodyear Hunting and Fishing Club picnic. The event is from noon to 6 p.m. at 1221 Wingfoot Lake Road, Suffield Township. Bring a covered dish to share; drinks provided. Information: 330-854-2562.
• Monday — The Summit Sportsman’s Association, a fishing and hunting club, meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Polish American Club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave., Akron. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Harold McAbee at 330-630-9621.
• Sept. 12 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, 1221 Wingfoot Lake Road (at the intersection of State Route 43 and Wingfoot Lake Road), Suffield Township, holds its meetings at 7:30 p.m. the second Thursday of each month. New members are welcome. Contact: Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Sept. 15 — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, holds meetings at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit www.psfsclub.org or call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Today — Lenape Trail Sportsman Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, will host protector trap shoots beginning at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Today — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters welcome. For more information call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — The Wingfoot Bowhunters Club, 425 E. Waterloo Road, Suffield Township, will hold a 30 target, 3-D shoot. Registration is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Concessions available. New members welcome. Call: 330-633-5292.
• Sunday — The Lodi Bird Club, located south of Lodi on Franchester Road, will host turkey shoots from Sept. 8 until Dec. 8. Factory shotguns only; shells will be furnished. Prices, raffles and money shoots begin at 10 a.m. For directions and more information, call 330-948-1295.
• Sunday — The Lone Eagle Bowmen host a 3-D archery shoot. The club, 2276 Seeman St., SW, East Sparta, will have a 30-target, 3-D shoot that begins at 9 a.m. For more information, go to Loneeaglebowmen.com.
• Monday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, hosts its trap league shoots from 6 to 9 p.m. through the fall. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Tuesday — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, will host its weekly trap shoots from 5 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-688-6507 or go to psfsclub.org.
• Wednesday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, will be open for trap shooting practice from 6 to 9 p.m. The club will be continue this through the fall. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Calendar. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to email@example.com or by fax at 330-996-3629.