• Nov. 11 — The Summit Sportsmans Association, a fishing and hunting club, meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Polish American Club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave., Akron. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Harold McAbee at 330-630-9621.
• Nov. 14 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, 1221 Wingfoot Lake Road, Suffield Township, meets at 7:30 p.m. the second Thursday of each month. New members are welcome. For more information, call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Nov. 17 — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, meets at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit www.psfsclub.org or call Lew Weygandt at 330-688-6507.
• Today — Lenape Trail Sportsman Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, hosts protector trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
• Today — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Today — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, will be open for trap shooting practice from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information, call 330-472-7206.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open for shoots from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday. For more information, call Brad Harker at 330-855-1174 or Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — Amvets Post 176, 3944 Wheatley Road, Richfield, will have Sunday turkey shoots through Nov. 24. Only factory barrels, limited to 32 inches, are allowed. Practice starts at 10 a.m. Registration starts at 7 a.m. Breakfast is available. Prizes include turkeys, ham, bacon and cash. For more information, call 330-659-3924.
• Sunday — The Lodi Bird Club on Franchester Road south of Lodi will host turkey shoots through Dec. 8. Only factory shotguns are allowed. Shells will be furnished. Prizes, raffles and money shoots begin at 10 a.m. For directions or more information, call 330-948-1295.
• Monday — The Edinburg Sportsman Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, hosts trap league shoots from 6 to 9 p.m. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-325-1733 or 330-472-7206.
• Tuesday — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. 224, Deerfield Township, hosts trap shoots from 5 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-688-6507 or go to psfsclub.org.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Calendar. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to email@example.com or by fax at 330-996-3629.