LeBron picks music for NBA video game
• Akron native LeBron James is taking some of his talents during the offseason to a best-selling basketball video game franchise as a music curator. 2K Sports announced that the two-time NBA champion of the Miami Heat selected 20 songs for the soundtrack of the upcoming NBA 2K14. The league’s four-time MVP is also the cover athlete of the popular video game.
• The Dallas Mavericks re-signed center Bernard James and added free-agent shooting guard Wayne Ellington. James cleared waivers after the Mavericks were forced to turn him loose for salary cap reasons. Ellington agreed to sign with Dallas in early July after free agency opened.
• The Memphis Grizzlies signed their top draft selection Jamaal Franklin to a multiyear contract. The team did not disclose details.
• The Milwaukee Bucks signed free-agent center Miroslav Raduljica, adding a 7-footer who has played the past seven years in Europe. He spent the 2012-13 season with the Ukrainian club Azovmash, leading the team to the Ukrainian Superleague Finals.
• Stanford senior guard Toni Kokenis, a member of two Final Four teams, was forced to end her playing career after two concussions over the past year.
• Loyola of Chicago and men’s coach Porter Moser agreed to a contract extension through the 2017-18 season.
Blackhawks extend coach’s contract
• The Chicago Blackhawks signed coach Joel Quenneville to a three-year contract extension after winning their second Stanley Cup in the five seasons he’s led the team. Quenneville, 54, is 222-106-44 with the Blackhawks.
• St. Louis Blues goaltender Jake Allen signed a two-year-contract after his strong showing as a rookie.
• Right wing Kyle Palmieri re-signed with the Anaheim Ducks, agreeing to a three-year deal worth $4.4 million.
Vettel fastest in F1 practice sessions
• Formula One leader Sebastian Vettel posted the fastest times in both practice runs for the Hungarian Grand Prix in Budapest, Hungary.
• Florida gave football coach Will Muschamp a raise after an 11-win season. Muschamp’s salary was upped $250,000 annually.
• Usain Bolt returned to the site of his last Olympic triumph, winning the 100 meters at the Anniversary Games in his best time (9.85 seconds) this season after recovering from a slow start in London.
• He Chong won his record-tying third consecutive world title in the men’s 3-meter springboard, giving China its seventh gold in eight diving events in Barcelona.
— From wire reports