Kent State was well represented when the Mid-American Conference announced its men's and women's basketball regional television package for the upcoming 2013-14 basketball season on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (TWC).
The Golden Flashes will make at least six appearances as part of the new deal, in addition to one game that will be aired live on ESPN-branded networks.
The most successful program in the conference over the past decade and a half with seven combined MAC Tournament crowns, the Golden Flashes are guaranteed at least seven television appearances with the option of being picked up for an additional five with the MAC's 21-day Wildcard Selection package. Additionally, nine games of the MAC Men's and Women's Basketball Tournaments will also be broadcast live on TWC.
A nationally-televised ESPN audience can watch Kent State take on Temple Nov. 11 in a contest that will serve as the opener for ESPN's College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon. The contest is scheduled for a 7:00 p.m. start time on ESPNU and will mark the Flashes' fourth consecutive year participating in the event.
The Temple contest is the first of two non-league games that will be televised for KSU during the opening week of the season. Kent State fans will also be able to watch the Flashes on Fox Sports 2 Nov. 13 when the Golden Flashes travel to South Orange, N.J. to face the Seton Hall at 7:00 p.m. in their first game as part of the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic.
The Flashes will host Ohio at 7:00 p.m. at the M.A.C. Center Jan. 8 to mark the debut of MAC men's basketball on TWC. Kent State's five matchups on the channel include:
- Wednesday, Jan. 8: Ohio @ Kent State, 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 26: Kent State @ Toledo, 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 29: Northern Illinois @ Kent State, 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 15: Central Michigan @ Kent State, 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 22: Buffalo @ Kent State, 12:00 p.m.
In addition, there are three Wildcard Options for the network that Kent State has a possibility of being selected for. Those games include:
- Saturday, Jan 18 - 21-Day Wildcard Selection, 11 a.m. ET/TWC (Kent State @ Buffalo)
- Saturday, Feb. 1 - 21-Day Wildcard Selection, 6 p.m. ET/TWC (Akron @ Kent State)
- Saturday, March 8 - 21-Day Wildcard Selection, 12 p.m. Â or 2 p.m. ET/TWC (Kent State @ Akron)
On the ESPN side, there are three dates as possibilities for Wildcard Options:
- Saturday, Jan 18 - 21-Day Wildcard Selection, 11 a.m. ET/ ESPNU (Kent State @ Buffalo)
- Saturday, Feb. 1 - 21-Day Wildcard Selection, 1 p.m. ET/ ESPNU (Akron @ Kent State)
- Saturday, March 7 - 21-Day Wildcard Selection, 7 p.m. ET/ESPN2 (Kent State @ Akron)
Six games from the second round, third round and semifinals of the MAC Men's Basketball Tournament, which takes place at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena will be broadcast live on TWC. The championship game will be broadcast to a nationally-televised audience on one of the ESPN channels.
On the women's side, Kent State is slated for a TWC appearance Feb. 6 at Eastern Michigan at 7:00 p.m. TWC will also broadcast the semifinals and championship of the MAC Women's Basketball Tournament live March 14-15.