1) Sci-Fi Spectacular, 7 p.m. Sunday, Blossom Music Center, 1145 W. Steels Corners Road, Cuyahoga Falls. Pavilion $23-$120; lawn $23 or $25. 216-231-1111 or www.cleveland orchestra.com.
The Cleveland Orchestra looks to the stars for an evening of familiar themes and songs from your favorite sci-fi films and shows including “Star Wars” (duh!), “Star Trek” and undoubtedly the “Blue Danube Waltz” featured in “2001: A Space Odyssey.” But here’s the real draw: George Takei, Facebook master and the actor formerly known as Mr. Sulu, will narrate the evening. Perhaps if the Cleveland audience is interesting enough, we’ll get a shoutout on Mr. Takei’s Facebook page the next day! Oh my!
2) The 67th Annual Italian American Festival, Friday-Sunday, Lock 3 Park, 200 S. Main St., Akron. Free. www.lock3live.com.
The long-running local favorite continues with great Italian-themed food, music and activities. Among the things to do are a homemade wine contest, a pasta e fagioli contest, a bocce tournament and authentic Italian music by Aaron Caruso.
3) Cheap Trick, 6:30 tonight, Hard Rock Live, 10777 Northfield Road, Northfield. $35-$65. 330-908-7625, www.hardrock.com.
Sure, they apparently don’t like each other all that much (I’ve heard there are stipulations in their tour rider specifically designed to keep them from having to see or speak to each other until just before they step on stage), but they have made such happy-sounding hits such as “Surrender,” “Dream Police” and “I Want You To Want Me,” it shouldn’t matter much to fans.
4) Massillon Museum Island Party, 6 p.m. Friday, Massillon Museum, 121 Lincoln Way E., Massillon. Free. www.massillonmuseum.org/island-party.
Get into the reggae groove with local outfit Umojah Nation, dig the Jackson High School Steel Drum Band (please don’t play “Margaritaville,” OK?) and then get hypnotized by the moves of the Polynesian dances by the Raja Dance Group. There will also be food and drink for purchase.
5) Food Truck Frenzy, 4 p.m. Sunday, Keyser Barn Park, 851 W. Bath Road, Cuyahoga Falls. Free admission. 330-971-8225.
Local food trucks both corporate and independent offer their tastiest wares designed to enhance your mastication and digestion. Participating trucks include Wholly Frijoles, Swensons, Zydeco Bistro, the Orange Truk, Sushi on the Roll, and desserts by Rita’s and Frankly Frank’s Kettle Corn. There also will be kids’ activities 4-5:30 p.m., and the Wanda Hunt Band will add some sonic seasoning to whatever food you’re happily stuffing in your gullet.