1. Ignite the Soul: Music to Uplift and Inspire With Zach and Samuel Salsbury, 7:30 tonight, Akron Civic Theatre, 182 S. Main St., $20, date night special two for $30, 330-253-2488.
Singer/songwriter/activist Zach continues his Love Initiative series with this show featuring his music seasoned with violinist Samuel Salsbury and some special guests. Cheer loud enough and you may hear yourself on a recording as the show will be recorded for future release.
2. Josh Rzepka, 8 p.m. Friday, Akron Civic Theatre, 182 S. Main St., $20, date night special two for $30, 330-253-2488.
Local jazz and classical trumpeter Josh Rzepka lends his considerable talents to the Jazz@TheCivic series with an intimate cabaret show featuring his quartet with pianist Theron Brown, bassist Mike Forfia and drummer Mike Gonder.
3. Rock of Ages, Friday and Saturday, PlayhouseSquare Palace Theatre, 1615 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, $10-$70, 216-241-6000, 866-546-1353.
The 2013 film version of this long-running jukebox musical homage to ’80s music was a useless piece of junk with boring stars that took itself way too seriously. By most accounts, the source material is much better and keeps its collective tongue appropriately planted in its collective cheek. The story? Doesn't really matter. Just keep singing along to “Don't Stop Believin,' ” “We Built This City” (speaking of pieces of junk) and other arena rock, arena metal and ’80s pop tunes by Styx, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar and more.
4. TNT’s Demi-Centenarian Celebration: Half-way Home Party, 8 p.m. Saturday, Musica, 51 E. Market St., Akron. $8 day of show, free for those over 50. www.liveatmusica.com.
Musica owner Tony “El-Troppo” Troppe celebrates his continued existence on the material plane with a show featuring the big-band, Latin jazz sounds of Ahi Nama (don't be shocked if the birthday boy breaks out his jazz flute), singer/songwriter Rachel Roberts and the Ruthless, and rockin' blues band Rooster Jones.
5. WWE Live!, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Canton Memorial Civic Center, 1101 Market Ave. N. $15, $35, $35, $50 and $95. 800-745-3000 or www.ticketmaster.com.
It’s wrasslin’! I can’t sell this to you. Chances are you either already love it or you don't care one bit and hope your kids don’t discover this event is happening.