1) Frankie Beverly featuring Maze, 8 p.m. Saturday, State Theatre at PlayhouseSquare, 1519 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, $57.50-$67.50, 216-241-6000, 866-546-1353, playhousesquare.org
Classic Philly soul courtesy of Beverly and his band Maze. You’ll get all the familiar hits including “Golden Time of Day,” “Before I Let You Go,” and “Joy and Pain.”
2) Shaquille O’Neal’s All Star Comedy Jam, 8 p.m. Friday, State Theatre at PlayhouseSquare, 1519 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, $35-$55.
Shaq’s foray into comedy promotion continues with another edition of his All Star Jam. Hosted by Capone featuring comics Tony Roberts, former SNL cast member Finesse Mitchell and Damon Williams.
3) Cavefest 2, noon-3 a.m., Saturday, Rubber City Noise Cave, 68 W. Exchange St., Akron, $5, http://rubbercitynoise.com.
Are you bored with pop music saddled with catchy choruses, hummable melodies masking dumb lyrics and static grooves to which you can dance? Well, the RCN Cave just may be the place for you as 17 area outre and experimental bands including Sludgethrone and Contamination Diet gather to blow your mind and quite possibly your eardrums.
4) Seventh Annual Fabulous Food Show — 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, I-X Center, 1 I-X Center Drive, Cleveland. $25, fabulousfoodshow.com.
It’s fancy food made by famous fancy chefs. Among the stars to appear are Cleveland’s own Michael Symon along with Guy Fieri and his stupid hair, Anne Burrell, the “Sandwich King” Jeff Mauro, Jacques Pepin and more.
5) Simeon Soul Charger album release, 10 p.m. Saturday, Musica, 51 E. Market St., Akron. $9.99; www.akronmusica.com.
This local band, which recently returned from a lengthy sojourn in Germany, is back home to celebrate the release of its new album, “Harmony Square.”