In recognition of a commitment to quality and an ongoing dedication to the learning and development of children, Kozmic Korner has received a Two-Star Step Up To Quality Award from the state of Ohio.
Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s rating system for learning and development programs. Participating programs can earn a one to five-star rating.
Programs with a two-star rating:
• Require administrators and teachers to attend 20 hours of specialized training every two years.
• Hire teachers with higher education qualifications.
• Use self-assessments to improve classroom practice.
• Use the Ohio’s Early Learning and Development Standards to create activity plans to support children’s learning.
• Value strong relationships with families.
“Kozmic Korner is proud to be a two-star program” said Mrs. McDiffitt, director of Kozmic Korner. “We know that children have 1,892 days from birth until school starts and every day matters. It is important to us that children develop their self-confidence, social and emotional skills, and a love of learning.”
Research confirms the first five years of a child’s life have a direct impact on how children develop emotional well-being, in addition to learning and social skills. For these reasons, the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and the Ohio Department of Education are committed to improving early childhood opportunities for all children in the state.
To learn more, visit www.earlychildhoodohio.org.
This story was provided by an individual or organization for use on the Ohio.com community site, http://www.ohio.com/upublish. We do not endorse and cannot guarantee the accuracy of this posting, though we do reject announcements with inappropriate content. You can read our full user agreement here.