Beacon Journal staff
AKRON: The Akron-Summit County Library is reducing its hours as part of its effort to reduce expenses.
The new hours will begin Jan. 6 in a measure to avoid a budget shortfall.
The hours at the Main Library in downtown Akron will be:
• Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Sundays in the summer Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
Branch hours will be:
• Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Wednesday and Friday noon to 6 p.m.
• Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday bookmobile service will be discontinued.