ON THE MOVE
Health strategist joins Clinic
• Cleveland Clinic: Dr. Adam Myers joined the staff as chief of population health and director of the new Cleveland Clinic Community Care health approach.
TRIAD wins creative awards
Cuyahoga Falls-based full service marketing and design agency TRIAD won five awards from the Academy of Interactive and one from the Visual Arts and the Muse Creative Awards.
TRIAD received three Gold Communicator Awards of Excellence, two Silver Communicator Awards of Distinction and a Rose Gold Muse Creative Award for work done for Goodyear, Acuative, United Way of Summit County, Presper Financial Architects and more.
The international Communicator Awards honors creative excellence for communication professionals.
Muse Creative Awards is an international competition for creative professionals.
WKSU collects news honors
Public radio station and Beacon Journal news partner WKSU (89.7-FM) won the following 2018 Ohio Excellence in Journalism Awards:
• Best in Show for major market radio newscast.
• First place for news writing and first place for radio news, M.L. Schultze.
• First place for public service.
• First place for human interest, Amanda Rabinowitz.
• First place for use of sound, Kabir Bhatia.
• Second place for radio news website.
• Second place for ongoing coverage.
• Second place for documentary.
Summa Health honorees
Summa Health honored Richard M. and Yvonne Hamlin with the Summa Health Boniface DeRoo Award for Philanthropy.
The award is the highest honor given to Summa Health benefactors.
Apex Skin adds locations
Apex Skin, a dermatology and skin surgery center, announced the opening of two new locations this year in Medina and Westlake.
The Northeast Ohio organization will have a total of seven locations with the additions.
Weekly meeting calendar
A list of business organization meetings and special events can be found at https://tinyurl.com/bizcal701.
Keep community in the loop
News releases about company hirings, promotions, awards, acquisitions and expansions can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Business News, Akron Beacon Journal, 44 E. Exchange St., P.O. Box 640, Akron, OH 44309-0640.
Send photos of new hires and promoted employees separately by email to email@example.com.
Please include the employees’ names in the subject line.
Local business spotlight, July 1: New hires, promotions and achievements
ON THE MOVE