ON THE MOVE
Philanthropy director named
• Cleveland Clinic Akron General: Laura Biddle Clark was named senior director for philanthropy; she will lead the Akron General Foundation and guide its philanthropic efforts in the region.
• Innis Maggiore: Casey Schandel was promoted to director of media and digital marketing services. Jim Cyphert was promoted to public relations director. Richard Prince was promoted to senior web developer. Trista Todd was promoted to account executive.
• The Music Settlement: Anne-Marie Schwarz was hired as vice president for institutional advancement.
• Sequoia Financial Group: The following promotions have been announced at the firm’s Akron office: Taylor Papiernik to senior associate; Sara Gans, Henry On and Jonathan Squire to manager; and Healther Welsh to director.
Key energy lobbyist chosen
The Ohio Oil and Gas Association has named Matthew Hammond its executive vice president, filling a vacancy created in December. He will serve as one of the point people for lobbying on behalf of oil and gas producers before the state government, the Columbus Dispatch reported. His predecessor, Shawn Bennett, stepped down in December with no public announcement.
He comes to the trade group from Vorys Advisors, a Columbus lobbying firm, and was previously a lobbyist for Chesapeake Energy.
Four honored in Medina
• Cleveland Clinic Medina Hospital presented its Dr. R. Lynn Mansell Physician of the Year awards to Dr. Anurag Duggal and Dr. Rajiv Sahni. Dr. Genevive Falconi received the Humanitarian of the Year award and Dr. Kim Bowen was recognized on his recent retirement after 23 years of service.
• Scott Horning, a private wealth advisor with Ameriprise Financial Services in Hartville, qualified for the company’s Circle of Success recognition program.
Weekly meeting calendar
A list of local business organization meetings and special events can be found at https://tinyurl.com/bizcal031918.
John Dorfman on investing
Columnist John Dorfman went looking for companies whose chief executives have bought their own shares in February and March. Read about the five that he found at https://tinyurl.com/dorf0314.
Share your accomplishments
News releases about company hirings, promotions, awards, acquisitions and expansions can be sent by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Business News, Akron Beacon Journal, 44 E. Exchange St., P.O. Box 640, Akron, OH 44309-0640.
Send photos of new hires and promoted employees separately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the employees’ names in the subject line.
Local business spotlight, March 18: Cleveland Clinic Akron General names director for philanthropy
ON THE MOVE