ON THE MOVE
New to the Beacon Journal
• Gatehouse Media: Bill Albrecht was named publisher of the Akron Beacon Journal following Gatehouse Media’s acquisition of the newspaper from Black Press. Kelly Tremaine was named the newspaper’s vice president of sales.
• Golden Key Center for Exceptional Children: Gina M. Bannevich was added to the executive team of the Canton school as operations director.
Portage Path staffers honored
• NAMI Summit County presented Barb Medlock, a registered nurse who serves as hotline coordinator at Portage Path Behavioral Health, with the Hero Award for her work on the SUPPORT Hotline. NAMI also presented Dr. Jeffrey Moore, Portage Path’s vice president and medical director, with the Professional of the Year Award.
• The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation has recognized the R.W. Martin Co. for its efforts to prevent workplace accidents and injuries for the fourth consecutive year.
• Cuyahoga Falls-based TRIAD Communications’ holiday gift project, Silver & Coal, was awarded a Gold ADDY at the 5th District American Advertising Awards.
• Kent-based QualityIP, a managed information technology services provider, celebrated 10 years of service from technical account managers Wesley Powell and Ethan Green.
ATHENA after-work gathering
The ATHENA Akron women’s business association will hold an after-hours reception from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday at Portage Country Club, 240 N. Portage Path, Akron.
The gathering will honor women leaders who are new to their positions, with a keynote speech by Wendy Bolas, interim president of Leadership Akron.
Cost is $25 for members, $30 for nonmembers and $45 for a member accompanied by a guest. For reservations or more information, go to http://www.athenaakron.org.
Weekly meeting calendar
A list of local business organization meetings and special events can be found at https://tinyurl.com/bizcal0521
Dorfman’s ‘Do-Nothing Club’
John Dorfman unveils his latest edition of the “Do-No-Nothing Club” — stocks that aren’t going anywhere — in his latest investing column at https://tinyurl.com/dorf0517
Share your office’s accolades
News releases about company hirings, promotions, awards, acquisitions and expansions can be sent by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Business News, Akron Beacon Journal, 44 E. Exchange St., P.O. Box 640, Akron, OH 44309-0640.
Send photos of new hires and promoted employees separately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the employees’ names in the subject line.
Local business spotlight, May 20: New hires and achievements
ON THE MOVE