ON THE MOVE
Two join Uniontown firm
• Schesser Buckley Mayfield LLC: Bryan Harris rejoined the Uniontown consulting engineering firm as director of business development. Laurie Fife Harbert joined the firm as marketing coordinator.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Cleveland: Akron native Doug Taylor was named the new director of BGCC’s Broadway Club.
• ACE Products and Consulting: Eric Thomas was hired as senior technical consultant at the Ravenna-based company.
• Consumers National Bank: Suzanne Mikes was promoted to senior vice president and chief credit officer.
• The Davey Tree Expert Company: Stacey Greenwell was appointed to corporate counsel.
• Bober Markey Fedorovich: The Akron-based CPA and advisory firm announced the following additions: Bryan Smith, IT network manager, senior technical lead; Tiffany Spaller, Kevin Patrick and Jessica Martinelli, audit staff accountants; David Borisenko, tax staff accountant; Roxanne Owens, administrative assistant/tax processor; and Susan Russo, receptionist.
Team NEO award winners
The following individuals were honored with Team NEO Regional Economic Development Champion Awards at the “NEO Rising: Celebrating Today. Building Tomorrow” event:
Jim Clay, retired CEO, Westfield; Bethany Dentler, executive director, Medina County Economic Development Corporation; and Deborah Hoover, president and CEO, Burton D. Morgan Foundation.
Accountant group honored
The Akron chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants won the Remington Rand Trophy (2nd Place Stevenson Division Banner) for the second year in a row.
The chapter also won the Bronze Medal for Public Relations Competition and the Bronze Medal for Newsletter Competition during the 2017-2018 IMA year.
Announce hires, promotions
News releases about company hirings, promotions, awards, acquisitions and expansions can be sent by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Business News, Akron Beacon Journal, 44 E. Exchange St., P.O. Box 640, Akron, OH 44309-0640.
Send photos of new hires and promoted employees separately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the employees’ names in the subject line.
Local business spotlight: Two join Uniontown firm
ON THE MOVE