Director addresses rape case

The actor-director dealing with a 17-year-old rape case casting a storm over his new film and career has opened up about the incident in a new interview.

Nate Parker, 36, spoke about understanding his male privilege and the definition of consent in a lengthy interview Friday with Ebony magazine.

The Hollywood trade press began to run stories earlier this month about a 1999 rape allegation made against Parker when he was a Penn State University student. Parker was charged and later acquitted.

Parker told Ebony that in earlier interviews, he was acting like he was the victim and that was “wrong.”

“I’m trying to transform behaviors and ideas that have never been challenged in certain ways in my life,” he said. “I’m not the kid that I was at 19.”

The woman who accused Parker killed herself in 2012.

Parker’s film The Birth of a Nation, is already generating Oscar buzz.

Actor’s home swamped in La.

Actor, writer and director John Schneider, known for his past role on the Dukes of Hazzard and current role on The Haves and the Have Nots, was one of tens of thousands of people affected by flooding across southern Louisiana where a deluge of rain sparked widespread, catastrophic flooding.

Schneider said overflow from the Tickfaw River inundated all of his property in Holden, flooding his home — which includes his editing and screening rooms — and another house in which his mother lives.

“I’ve never experienced anything like this before,” he said. “There’s mud. There’s silt. There’s sand. It’s everywhere.”

Most amazing though, he said, has been the response by people in the area, including several friends who helped save his belongings.