The folks behind Crafty Mart are helping you get crafty, too.
The annual art and craft show, Nov. 29 and 30 in downtown Akron, has added workshops this year. Artists will teach participants how to make hand-stamped cards, ornaments, air plant terrariums and more.
Workshops are offered both days at Akron Art Museum, Summit Artspace and We Gallery. The art museum and Summit Artspace will also be sites of Crafty Mart vendor booths, along with Musica.
The classes are free, but advance registration is required at www.craftymart.com/#workshops. Some workshops are already filled, so don’t delay.
Backyard bird watchers are encouraged to help track bird populations during Project FeederWatch, Nov. 8 through April 3.
The project involves watching your bird feeder periodically and writing down how many and which kinds of birds come to visit. Data collected by participants around the United States and Canada help scientists assess the health of bird populations and the environment.
Registration costs $18. In return, you’ll get a handbook, an identification poster and a calendar.
To sign up, visit www.FeederWatch.org or call 866-989-2473.
• Holiday Craft and Vendor Fair, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Medina Eagles Club, 696 Lafayette Road. Free admission. http://tinyurl.com/craftvendor.
• Season’s Splendor Arts and Crafts Show, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Greenbriar Conference and Party Centre, 50 Riffel Road, Wooster. Free parking and admission.
• Autumn Arts & Craft Show, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Springfield High School, 1880 Canton Road. Admission $1. Sponsored by Springfield Township Women’s Club. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• St. Paul’s Holiday Craft Show, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 317 E. Liberty St., Medina. Free admission.
• Quail Hollow Herb Society meeting, 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Quail Hollow State Park manor house, 13480 Congress Lake Ave., Lake Township near Hartville. Judy Semroc of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History will talk about invasive plant species and better alternatives for the garden. 330-325-3028.
• American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Resnik Community Learning Center, 65 N. Meadowcroft Drive, Akron. Program: favorite notions and Christmas gift ideas. 330-867-5461 or email@example.com.
• Putting Your Garden to Bed for Winter, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Springfield Township Senior & Community Center, 2459 Canfield Road. Free. Presented by Summit County Master Gardeners. 330-733-2556.
• Knitting and Crocheting Circle meetings, 1-3 and 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Medina Library, 210 S. Broadway (330-725-0588); 6 p.m. Thursday, Seville Library, 45 N. Center St. (330-769-2852); and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 8, Highland Library, 4160 Ridge Road, Granger Township (330-278-4271 or 330-239-2674).
• Warm Up Akron meeting, 2 p.m. Thursday, Danbury of North Canton, 181 Applegrove St. NE. Members knit or crochet squares that are used to make afghans for needy people in the Akron area. Information: 330-699-3252 or http://warmupakron.webs.com.
• Entertaining By Design, Thursday through Nov. 8, Ohio Design Centre, 23533 Mercantile Road, Beachwood (off Chagrin Boulevard, west of Interstate 271). Tablescapes created by interior designers will be displayed throughout the center’s showrooms and common areas. VIP celebration, 6-8 p.m. Thursday; $100 (reservations at 216-751-7656). Tablescape viewing, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 8, $10 at the door. Proceeds benefit North Union Farmers Market. Information: 216-831-1245 or www.ohiodesign?centre.com.
• Christkindl Markt, Friday through Nov. 9, Cultural Center for the Arts/Canton Museum of Art, 1001 Market Ave. N. Juried fine arts and crafts show. Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 8 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 9. Tickets: $6 in advance at www.cantonart.org/christkindl or 330-453-7666; $7 at the door. Children 12 and younger admitted free. Strollers not permitted. Free parking.
• Learn to Knit in Four Weeks, 10 a.m. to noon Friday and Nov. 14, Nov. 21 and Dec. 5, Peninsula Art Academy, 1600 W. Mill St. Members $116, others $128. 330-657-2248 or http://peninsulaartacademy.com.
• Greene Acres Community Garden meeting, 10 a.m. Nov. 8, Broadview Heights City Hall, 9543 Broadview Road. Garden update, election of board members, master gardener available to answer questions. People interested in having a garden plot next year are encouraged to attend.
• Learn to Paint, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 8, Northfield Library, 9458 Olde Eight Road, Northfield Center Township. Free tole painting class. Supplies provided. Presented by Tole Painters of the Western Reserve. 330-467-7402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Olde Stark Antique Faire, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 8 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 9, Stark County Fairgrounds Exhibition Building, 305 Wertz Ave. NW, Canton. $5 per day or $6 for both days; children 12 and younger, free. Early bird admission at 7 a.m. Nov. 8, $6. Free parking. 330-794-9100 or email@example.com.
• Holiday Mart, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 8 and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 9, Summit County Fairgrounds Arena, 229 E. Howe Road, Tallmadge. Juried craft show. Admission $5. Free parking. Proceeds benefit Weaver Industries. http://tinyurl.com/weavermart.
• Renewable Energy Workshop, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 12, Fisher Auditorium, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, 1680 Madison Ave., Wooster Township. Presentations, case studies, trade show and tours of green energy operations. Early registration $40; after Nov. 4, $50. Students, $20. Details and registration form: http://go.osu.edu/qvv. Information: 330-202-3533.
• Five-Day Solar Electric Workshop, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 10-14, Local Roots Market and Cafe, 140 S. Walnut St., Wooster. Learn to design, install and operate a photovoltaic system. Presented by the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association. Members $930, others $970. Registration deadline is Wednesday. Information and registration: www.oeffa.org or 614-421-2022, ext. 206.
Submit notices of classes, programs and events to firstname.lastname@example.org or Home and Garden News, Features Department, Akron Beacon Journal, P.O. Box 640, Akron, OH 44309-0640. Please include name and phone number. All events must be open to the public. Deadline for submissions is noon Monday.
Mary Beth Breckenridge can be reached at 330-996-3756 or email@example.com. You can also become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MBBreckABJ, follow her on Twitter @MBBreckABJ and read her blog at www.ohio.com/blogs/mary-beth.