Are you involved with a charitable effort that makes handcrafted items for others?
Can you use more helping hands?
Let us know. We’ll publicize your call for volunteer crafters in the Beacon Journal.
If you accept donations of supplies, let us know that, too. We’ll pass the word along.
To be included, send us the following information:
• The name of the organization or charitable effort. (For example, “Warm Up Main Street.”)
• A one-sentence description of what you make and for whom. (For example, “We knit and crochet blankets for people in need.”)
• A brief explanation of what you need. (For example, “We need people to knit or crochet small blocks that can be combined into blankets. We also accept donations of yarn.”)
• When and where you meet, if applicable. Please include the address of the meeting place.
• The full name (first and last) of a contact person in your group, plus his or her phone number and/or email address. This information will be published in the paper.
Please double-check to make sure you have included all the information listed above. If you don’t, we may not be able to include your organization.
Submit the information by email to email@example.com or by mail to Mary Beth Breckenridge, Akron Beacon Journal, P.O. Box 640, Akron, OH 44309-0640.
Please understand that this listing is only for charitable undertakings that create handcrafted goods for the benefit of others, such as quilts, clothing, toys and other items. It’s OK if you make them for a national or international organization, but the contact person or meeting site must be in the five-county area of Summit, Stark, Portage, Medina and Wayne.
Unfortunately, we can’t accept submissions by phone. But if you have questions, call 330-996-3756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.