It’s time again to catch up on contests.
• Feizy Rugs is giving creative types the opportunity to design rugs in its DIY-Design It Yourself contest.
To enter, create jpeg images of up to two designs and email them by July 13 to email@example.com. Submissions will be posted on the company’s Facebook page, and fan votes will be considered in choosing winners of the $500, $300 and $150 prizes.
Rights to all designs submitted become Feizy’s property.
Details are at www.facebook.com/FeizyRugs (click on “DIY info”).
• Homeowners can win a home renovation valued at $20,000 in HouseLogic.com’s Boost Your Roost contest.
The website is collaborating with six bloggers to collect entries through July 16. Each blogger will select one finalist to advance to online voting.
To enter, submit your renovation project ideas at Centsational Girl (www.centsationalgirl.com), Curbly (www.curbly.com), Making It Lovely (www.makingitlovely.com), Pretty Handy Girl (www.prettyhandygirl.com), Someday I’ll Learn (www.somedayilllearn.com) or the Design Confidential (www.thedesignconfidential.com).
If you can’t find a link to the contest on one of the blogs, do a site search for the word “contest.”
• Heat & Glo is giving homeowners a chance to win a gas fireplace or fireplace insert in its Make Your Home a HOT Property remodeling contest.
Enter by Aug. 15 at www.heatnglo.com or www.facebook.com/HeatandGlo. All contestants will receive a $100 coupon toward a Heat & Glo product.
• Sweeney’s, which makes pest-control products, is gathering tales of woe from homeowners afflicted by underground varmints in its annual I Hate Moles Because … Contest.
The first-place winner will get $500.
To enter, write a short story or poem, create a video, draw a cartoon or use any other form of creativity to express why you hate moles, gophers or voles. Enter at www.wrsweeney.com or www.facebook.com/SweeneysDIYPestControl, or mail your entry to Sweeney’s “I hate moles because …” Contest, 2244 Dunroyal Drive, St. Louis, MO 63131.
• Sewing machine maker Pfaff is celebrating its 150th anniversary with a World’s Most Creative Sewer contest.
To enter, upload photos of your most imaginative sewing projects at www.pfaff150anniversary.com. The public will choose monthly winners, who will compete in January for the title of World’s Most Creative Sewer.
No prizes are offered, other than certificates and recognition on the website.
• Hands-On Pond Build, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today, Hoffman’s Garden Center, 1021 E. Caston Road, Green. Learn about pondless water features and help build a 4-foot water feature with waterfall, weather permitting. $20. Information: 330-896-9811.
• Knitting and Crocheting Circle, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays, Highland Branch, Medina County District Library, 4160 Ridge Road, Granger Township. Learn the basics or bring your projects and swap tips. Registration: 330-278-4271 or 330-239-2674.
• Cleveland Botanical Garden events, 11030 East Blvd. Ask the Gardener, noon to 4 p.m. Saturdays during summer. Admission: $9.50; children ages 3-12, $3; members and younger children, free. Information: 216-721-1600 or www.cbgarden.org.
• Knitty Gritters, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Lake Community Branch, Stark County District Library, 11955 Market Ave. N, Lake Township. Instructions for beginning knitters. 330-877-9975.
• Knitting and Crocheting Circle, 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Brunswick Branch, Medina County District Library, 3649 Center Road. Registration: 330-273-4150.
• Warm Up Akron meeting, 3 p.m. Tuesday, Danbury of Cuyahoga Falls, 1695 Queens Gate Circle. Members knit or crochet squares that are used to make afghans for needy people in the Akron area. Information: 330-699-3252 or http://warmupakron.webs.com.
• Quail Hollow Herb Society Tea, 2-4 p.m. July 8, Quail Hollow State Park Manor House, 13480 Congress Lake Ave., Lake Township near Hartville. $15. To order tickets, write a check to Quail Hollow Herb Society and mail it to Mary Lovin, 2615 Trares Road, Mogadore, OH 44260. Information: 330-325-3028.
Submit notices of classes, programs and events two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or Home and Garden News, Features Department, Akron Beacon Journal, P.O. Box 640, Akron, OH 44309-0640. Please include name and phone number. All events must be open to the public.
Mary Beth Breckenridge can be reached at 330-996-3756 or email@example.com. Read her blog at www.ohio.com/blogs/mary-beth.