LAGRANGE, OHIO: A northern Ohio coroner says a high school senior found dead a week before graduation died from a caffeine overdose.
An autopsy found that Logan Stiner had a lethal amount of caffeine in his system when he died at home on May 27.
The 18-year-old was a senior at Keystone High School in LaGrange, southwest of Cleveland.
The Lorain County Coroner tells The Chronicle-Telegram in Elyria that Stiner had more than 70 micrograms of caffeine per milliliter of blood in his system.
The coroner says most energy drinks have three to 15 micrograms of caffeine.
Stinerís mother tells the newspaper that she found bags of caffeine powder in their house on the day he died. The coroner says powder caused Stiner to have a cardiac arrhythmia and a seizure.